• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

wife's wheelchair got stuck

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
so my wife broke her foot and it is in a large cast up to her knee. she can't balance on crutches so I bought an electric wheelchair. the manual wheelchair tires her out .she has throw rugs all over the house and it is hard to roll.
anyway she is still active and I seen her out spraying weeds and taking care of her 2 acre yard.
now a few days later she is outside it's 90degrees out and gets stuck. I mean the wheelchair wheels are spinning in the gravel and not moving. I am inside eating lunch and don't hear her screaming . i'm use to her being outside.

she has a 911 call alert type of button the VA gave her. carries and doesn't want to push it. she is a vet. am I correct that she should have pushed the button? 911 answers just like a phone and you talk to them.

she crawls around the house to the back door and smashes something on it to get my attention.

this is the chair stuck in the gravel. oh, she is out picking tomatoes today in it. I removed the leg things and headrest that she didn't like.
DSC00855.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
so my wife broke her foot and it is in a large cast up to her knee. she can't balance on crutches so I bought an electric wheelchair. the manual wheelchair tires her out .she has throw rugs all over the house and it is hard to roll.
anyway she is still active and I seen her out spraying weeds and taking care of her 2 acre yard.
now a few days later she is outside it's 90degrees out and gets stuck. I mean the wheelchair wheels are spinning in the gravel and not moving. I am inside eating lunch and don't hear her screaming . i'm use to her being outside.

she has a 911 call alert type of button the VA gave her. carries and doesn't want to push it. she is a vet. am I correct that she should have pushed the button? 911 answers just like a phone and you talk to them.

she crawls around the house to the back door and smashes something on it to get my attention.

this is the chair stuck in the gravel. oh, she is out picking tomatoes today in it. I removed the leg things and headrest that she didn't like.

Jim, sorry to hear your wife has to use a chair. I’ve been there and it’s no fun :(

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't blame her for using a chair. No shame in it. I've been considering getting one though I don't think I need a power chair. I just want something for when we travel. Would be less hassle than a scooter in stores and such.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll get her a portable boat horn,it sounds like a good idea. thanks