• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SUPER RARE TUCKER FOUND ! NEED HELP!

Polar

Attachments

• 1946 Tucker 420-pic2.jpg
    1946 Tucker 420-pic2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 855
Thanks for posting the picture... I didn't know Bill had a restored Torpedo and I see a later Tucker Trailer too.. Do you have a picture of it? Maybe he is the mystery buyer from Idaho!!

Those folks have always been great... I had a question about the "clutch" adjustment on my '57 kitten and they photo copied the Kitten manual and mailed it to me.

NorCal

Just stumbled onto this thread, those Tucker torpedo's are pretty cool. Does anyone know if the Cali one is being restored?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just stumbled onto this thread, those Tucker torpedo's are pretty cool. Does anyone know if the Cali one is being restored?

It turns out that the tucker was not a torpedo , but a one of a kind special built by Tucker and owned by one of their engineers at one time . Bill (The new owner) passed away earlier this year so I have no idea at what stage the restore is at .

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
what ever the market will bear start it out at $5500.00 without a trailer

vintagebike

We bought Bill's Roadster in June 2012. He brought it up to McCall from Weiser along with a very nice 1959 ST4. He and his crew had put a lot of time and energy into getting it running and driving plus making it very presentable. Both are in the mix for restoration over the next few years. Steve

Bill and Old Tucker Sno-Cat 002.jpg
Aktiv Sno Trac.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
what I can tell you about that machine is it's a franken snow trac , some one has done a 6 lug conversion, as well as a conversion to the more modern big wheel in the front, usually found on the three band models. I have seen these have an interference problem with the front sprockets sometimes the 6 lug conversion is a good thing if you are going to run stamped steel wheels. if your track sprockets can be moved forward enough than the big wheel will work better for you.

vintagebike

Yes, it has had some upgrades over the years including disc brakes and a 1600 engine. Any help is appreciated. Looks kinda bare without the side rails. Steve

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Glacier park bus will know the answer to any question you have on that Tucker all you have to do is ask her

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a fully restored 1946 at Bill Guthrie's www.snotrans.com

I would like to contact the owner of the 1946 tucker and have a chat about its history and etc, thanks in advance, best if you sent a PM, and or email me at thomas40white@aol.com thanks again for your help, the very un-official tucker historian, tuckerville

Attachments

• 1946 Tucker 420-pic2-1.jpg
    1946 Tucker 420-pic2-1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

bobbob

Site Supporter
There a old picture post card of a tucker for sale on ebay, I think its the forbestown tucker in this post. ebay search [ sno-cat,La porte,plumas county, ca.] La porte is 30 miles up the mountain from forbestown. The tucker on the post card has the same top.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
original owner was, T.L.Gould of La Porte, California

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 207

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey bobbob,

do you know of the Mt. House Resort - Marycreek, Plumas county and or Senator A.A. Sargent, of Plumas county?

bobbob

Site Supporter
Sorry Princess
I do not, looked up Mt. House resort marycreek on google nothing. Must not be a going concern, lots of hits for A. A. Sargent of Nevada City, ca. 1850's. Best of luck with your quest.

vintagebike

Yes, and there are still a few signed, numbered ‘McCallin’ All Cats 2018’ prints of the famous Torpedo available. Bill G. is the ride along mechanic and Big Al is at the wheel. PM, please for pricing and shipping info.

138E17C6-31DD-47D0-B47F-A636002488C6.jpg

57038450-D7DC-489E-A96E-EF55B88246F8.jpg