• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Portland Snowcatters looking for a day trip?

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The story is simple,

Looking for someone to break trail on a snowcat to our annual snowcamp location. Its not too far from Estacada, OR, in proximity of Timothy Lake.

Anyone with a cat and is able to do it "for the fun of it" let me know...

Thanks

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
when when when and are you OKAY with a tucker doing the job

Ditto, that is in our back yard. And again, it wood be with a Sno-Cat.

I was gonna contact you guys but I figured I would throw it out here for others to see as well...

With the McCall upcoming, I'm not sure how this will work.

I'm hoping to be in Salem sometime February 20/21 for the campout which will take place February 22-25.

Trail could be broken any time before that, preferably weekend before 18-19th. If possible to do it on 21/22nd, would be even better...

Like I said, with McCall on your schedule, I'm not sure how it will work out.

If you are familiar with Skyline Road, and its part where it goes around Olallie Lake, this would be the route...

For anyone serious on this, I can DM the details...

p.s. we've winter camped that area pretty much every year, and with me being in Oregon, I usually maintained the trail "broken in" either in my 4x4 or the cat to ease the access.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Go around the lake, wink wink wink

Thats the plan.

Seems like other guys been lazy and not getting out enough to keep the road "maintained" and accessible for our trip. On other hand, this year has been really snowy from what I hear.

Hi all! I'm a Portland resident and just attended the Cat Clowder this past weekend in the UP of Michigan with my friend @redsqwrl! I had no idea this community existed and had a blast! We got a ride to the top of Spirit Mountain and fat biked down!

I'd love to come with on any adventures in the PNW, so I'll be watching this forum. I'd love to go winter-camping or get dropped off at the tops of hills for fatbiking or skiing! Looking forward to meeting the PNW community!

Cheers!
Eric

Sno-Surfer

Welcome Eric. I've been running my kids up Post Canyon which you might have heard about because it's mt Biking heaven in the summer. We live at the bottom of the trial system. Not sure how long the snow will last but welcome to join us.