• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Holy crap moment

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bet these guys had to change their shorts. Story is they were side hilling a trail and slid off the edge sliding down the bank about 70' sideways.
f1429cd3dfc021333d714fb1f6d137cb.jpg
a6534816942af04d33a5173bbfcd1cca.jpg
38eab2e44c52db58ab7907f8a79f86e6.jpg

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
No traction going sideways...wow.... I knew a guy that got a crawler sideways on some ledge and went for a ride. He almost had to bale out!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I always hated a trail like that when hauling a drag. Never fail the drag would be sliding down the hill trying to pass the machine. I'd have to angle and tilt my front blade into the bank to cut a semi level trail even though the drag was basically dangling down the bank. On the return pass I'd carve some more into the bank rolling the snow to the outside and this would usually be enough to keep the drag behind me flat and level resulting in a smooth trail. Takes some practice to keep the drag behind you.

PJL

Thinking out loud here, could the operator have turned it left so it was pointed straight downhill and then stopped it?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Wouldn't putting the blade down cause enough drag to at least turn the machine to face uphill, then stop the slide?