• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

KC owner lays down the law

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• KC_Chiefs_Owner_Letter.jpg
    KC_Chiefs_Owner_Letter.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 186

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Him along with Jerry Jones makes two owners with balls. Now how about all the rest??
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Him along with Jerry Jones makes two owners with balls. Now how about all the rest??
Mike
Yep, it should have been done a long time ago. I know if I owned a team (yeah, dreaming), I'd damn sure enforce the same with my employees while they are on the stage at my stadium.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, it should have been done a long time ago. I know if I owned a team (yeah, dreaming), I'd damn sure enforce the same with my employees while they are on the stage at my stadium.

If his is true, I'm all for it.

However, an unsigned letter a couple weeks old and nothing else on the internet for corroboration makes me wonder.

Correction. The date is not a date. 10/17/20. Whatever that is.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish it were true, sadly, it isn't.
https://www.truthorfiction.com/chiefs-owner-clark-hunt-national-anthem-protests/

Summary of eRumor:

Clark Hunt, the owner and CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs, told coaches, players and staff that they are “paid performers on a stage” and ordered them to stand during the national anthem.

The Truth:

Clark Hunt is the latest NFL team owner that this fiery locker room speech about standing for the playing of the national anthem has been falsely attributed to.

These posts began circulating in response to San Francisco 49ers Colin Kapernick’s decision to sit or kneel during the national anthem in protest of social issues, and of the treatment of black men by the criminal justice system in particular. Numerous players around the league joined Kaepernick’s protest in the opening weeks of the 2016 NFL season. You can find a complete list of them here.

Rumors that Clark Hunt had called a team meeting in which he sternly told his coaches and players that they were “paid performers on a stage” and “that field is my stage” began circulating toward the end of September 2016:

Clark Hunt, CEO and Owner of the Kansas City #Chiefs called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, “You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country’s National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Kansas City Chief, a Coach for the Kansas City Chiefs or have any association with the Chiefs Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are! You can make your political statements off the field, but why you’re employed by me and I’m signing your check, I demand that you make our fans proud and not embarrass them.”

The post was widely circulated on social media, but it didn’t come from Hunt. We investigated a previous version in which the speech was attributed to Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. We found that a Texas man named Richie Newberry, who is not affiliated with the Cowboys, wrote the locker room speech as a work of fiction.

In reality, Clark Hunt has drawn scrutiny from critics of the national anthem protests because Hunt did not release Chiefs defense back Marcus Peters for protesting before an NFL game on September 18th. We couldn’t find any record of Hunt discussing his views on the player protests, but we can confirm that the locker room speech being circulated did not come from him.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Not watching the NFL. Like last season, Sunday afternoons will be better spent off the couch and away from the TV. Fuck those prima donna over paid assholes. I have come to despise professional sports in it's entirety.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't been much of a sports watcher for most of my adult years. This just gives me another reason not to watch NFL games. I totally agree with the statement they are just a bunch of paid performers on a stage. And I must add they are way overpaid IMO!!
Mike

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not watching the NFL. Like last season, Sunday afternoons will be better spent off the couch and away from the TV. Fuck those prima donna over paid assholes. I have come to despise professional sports in it's entirety.

I haven't been much of a sports watcher for most of my adult years. This just gives me another reason not to watch NFL games. I totally agree with the statement they are just a bunch of paid performers on a stage. And I must add they are way overpaid IMO!!
Mike

I haven't watched professional sports for years. Bunch of overpaid brats!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Frankly, it's not about national pride but freedom of speech.

Here's my question...; If players and coaches are not allowed to express their faith and pray at Football/Basketball/Baseball games, why then are they allowed to express their political opinions?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Here's my question...; If players and coaches are not allowed to express their faith and pray at Football/Basketball/Baseball games, why then are they allowed to express their political opinions?

Ineresting Franc, I'm not sure sports monopolies have the right to express political views from the bully pulpit. I'm not sure they are. Other non profits aren't. Specifically religious organizations,

But I did run across another sports incident that I'd totally forgot.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said.

That opinion quote resulted in an immediate firing.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Because this country started the long slippery slope of moving away from God when VOLUNTARY prayer was banned in public schools.

Sadly, praying to allah or expressing leftist political leanings is not only condoned, but encouraged.

This is where we are at today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Because this country started the long slippery slope of moving away from God when VOLUNTARY prayer was banned in public schools.

Sadly, praying to allah or expressing leftist political leanings is not only condoned, but encouraged.

This is where we are at today.
That's an explanation of the issue. Not an answer to my question.

Parity is paramount in a free democratic Republic. Even unfair laws must be enforced with equanimnaty. Or the confidence in the system erodes.

I believe it is the duty of Lawyers, Politicians and Judges to defend such parity. Instead they erode it via corruption and calumny. Why is that tolerated by the citizens?

The Kapernicks of our nation has every legal right to offend. That said, I'm fine with team owners tearing up their contracts when players do it whilst on the payroll. But, I am not in favor of making such public displays of anti-nationalism illegal by government code.