• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Truck Camper

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I looked at the one pictured above and passed on it as there's not much for storage inside even for dishes and such. The roof interior was redone but appeared to sag in the middle like my old one which indicated water damage at some point.

I also went to see another one a couple days ago a bit newer and much better shape. I ended up getting it and picked it up last night.
0c4d9ad74215ec6c2a5fbc9818500970.jpg
ff4f7a4310de992f53932a85e877c219.jpg
f5d7d2b0e5c4e189f17adb2d1ac18f7e.jpg
6b650a051bd2ab53a30e36abacda6ff1.jpg
5dbcb0b19c2cac6478866a698578e052.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had one off the truck parked on our river lot for a few years. I was amazed at the room inside. It worked for us and was better than a tent.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly. You can fit quite a bit in there for storage. And they're actually quite cozy and better than a tent. It's got a fridge stove furnace sink table and 2 beds. What more do I need to go spend a weekend in the woods?

I plan on using it for weekend fishing trips out in the bush away from everyone, overnight trips to go watch dirt track racing etc. I paid a little more than I would have liked for this one but seems the pop up soft top kind like this are harder to find in good shape and when one comes available, there's a feeding frenzy because the soft top ones are lighter and can be loaded on a regular half ton truck. I had a full hard top one back 15+ years ago for a short time. Tried it on my chevy truck. The thing was nearly bottomed out on the back. I only used it once to go 10 miles and sold it.