• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds to me like you had a slight bladder irritation. No pain after your regimen, clear urine.
That's not indicative of a worrisome infection.
Excellent.

Yeah, but that "light" infection had my whole body septic. I could barely move Sunday morning and everything hurt,,,; including My hair.
Caught it early enough not to need drastic rescue. Ya gotta know anatomy and how each system is connected to the others. It might have been pancreatitis but not all the symptoms matched.

I thank the two mandatory years of medical school originally required to be a Paramedic in Illinois. And it helps I graduated TOP of my class of 1,500 students. Tell that to my teachers in grade school. Under achiever my ass. Half breed or not, I was a hard working kid.

I must have thrown my back out last night. Chiropractor did what he could today. So I'm moving on to serious meds.
Glen Fiddich and then Laphroaig.

He will try again Wednesday.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not doing much today. I did go check out some new boats. Looking for about a 17-18 ft walk through windshield minimum 115hp.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, but that "light" infection had my whole body septic. I could barely move Sunday morning and everything hurt,,,; including My hair.
Caught it early enough not to need drastic rescue. Ya gotta know anatomy and how each system is connected to the others. It might have been pancreatitis but not all the symptoms matched.

I thank the two mandatory years of medical school originally required to be a Paramedic in Illinois. And it helps I graduated TOP of my class of 1,500 students. Tell that to my teachers in grade school. Under achiever my ass. Half breed or not, I was a hard working kid.

I must have thrown my back out last night. Chiropractor did what he could today. So I'm moving on to serious meds.

He will try again Wednesday.

Get well Franc. Sure you didn't throw that back out ridin' the bronco at Texas Roadhouse? :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
So I'm moving on to serious meds.

Oh no Franc, not Laphroaig. If your stomach is delicate that'll give you indigestion that'll eat its way through the hull of a battleship. That's why I had to give it up. I loved the stuff but couldn't handle the aftermath.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Y'all talking liquor last night, I'm having coffee.
As soon as daylight hits, I'm hitting the pavement for my walk.
Nothing big going on today.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of booze, I had two glasses of GlenDronach 21-year old last night. I don't feel too swift this morning. I just can't drink these days. Not that it matters. It's raining again. Not going to be doing much today anyway.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh no Franc, not Laphroaig. If your stomach is delicate that'll give you indigestion that'll eat its way through the hull of a battleship. That's why I had to give it up. I loved the stuff but couldn't handle the aftermath.

I was fortunate in that the Glen Fiddich was sufficient. The Laphroaig was gift and still remains un opened. I may well remain so.

Thanks for the warning.
Speaking of booze, I had two glasses of GlenDronach 21-year old last night. I don't feel too swift this morning. I just can't drink these days. Not that it matters. It's raining again. Not going to be doing much today anyway.

For some reason Scotch is the only liquor with which I do not suffer a hangover. Even if I abuse it's use.
One 6 oz glass of red wine, I suffer for hours. More than one beer, same thing

Bourbon, same thing.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Get well Franc. Sure you didn't throw that back out ridin' the bronco at Texas Roadhouse? :yum:

:yum:
yeah I'm sure. My chiropractor suggested that the displacement was a result of the tissue swelling. Still swollen when I visited him yesterday, he could not make the joint move at all.

Today the overall swelling is down so a revisit may prove fortunate.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My drinking days are long behind me. Self inflicted pain is not something need or desire any more. When I was younger, well, it was different. No matter how bad I felt the next day, I knew in my heart of hearts I would be feeling much better when those neon lights came back on. Funny how those neon lights had such a medicinal effect. :yum::yum::yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My drinking days are long behind me. Self inflicted pain is not something need or desire any more. When I was younger, well, it was different. No matter how bad I felt the next day, I knew in my heart of hearts I would be feeling much better when those neon lights came back on. Funny how those neon lights had such a medicinal effect. :yum::yum::yum:

Yea TR, the first time it took me more than a day to recover from a night of over indulgence and abuse is when I said, "No more". I've pretty much stuck to that promise. I still drink alcohol but only in moderation.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been trying to get on Facebook for the last 4 hrs or so.
At first I thought I was in jail, then soon found out they're down for maintenance.
Zuckerberg is changing a lot of things this month.
More privacy, different options.. whatever..

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Last Friday, while waiting in line at the supermarket, the lady behind me was incessantly hacking, sneezing and coughing spreading her bacteria frappe' all over me. Well, here I am today, full blown head cold, chills, nose running like a garden hose and a splitting headache. Oh happy day.

I removed and cleaned the temperature probe on my pellet stove. A 10 minute job on a bad day and I am pooped. So here I am complaining and shopping for model railroad deals on eBay. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea TR, the first time it took me more than a day to recover from a night of over indulgence and abuse is when I said, "No more". I've pretty much stuck to that promise. I still drink alcohol but only in moderation.

I've been drunk once when I was 21. That was enough. But, I have been known to get happy and amiable from time to time.

Medicinal purposes only.

Well I am into the Laphroaig. You were right. It will be my last bottle

Last night I hit 104 degrees body temp

Same thing tonite.

Took a cold bath that brought it down to 102. But something mean is in my gut. Other than my broken back, No pain, everything works. Weird.

I'm not hungry and that is a first.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow 104 is very high for an adult. Two nights in a row. Damn. Take care Franc. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Supposed to warm up into the 50's today and 60's tomorrow. Just might head down to the Ford dealer and check out the new Rangers. I've got spring fever. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It started raining last night. Still raining the snow has gone down. So far the basement has survived without any moisture. With the snow and ice covering the storm drains on the street and the ground being frozen, the only place for the water to go is up against the basement walls.

So far I'm surviving spring break with 6 kids in the house. Thankfully we have the option of sending them to the boys and girls club down the street each afternoon. I'll be spending the day boat shopping online.

Canadian eh!!!

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
well, down here it is 70 this morning with a little sprinkle. Supposed to clear off and then drop into the 40s at night. You folks North of here have my Texas best wishes!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying not to fire about half the staff. I'm sick as hell, My foreman is out, my son had an appointment today and so I am running the plant. I have people who have been here over a year and still cannot run the simple equipment that creates their paycheck.

Lord have mercy, My patience is at it's limits.

My foreman is out because he got drunk and kicked his girlfriend out. One operator is worthless today because her boyfriend kicked her out last night
Another operator smells of pot, so he is worthless as I cannot let him run the machinery.

Welcome to the world of small business.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It started raining last night. Still raining the snow has gone down. So far the basement has survived without any moisture. With the snow and ice covering the storm drains on the street and the ground being frozen, the only place for the water to go is up against the basement walls.

So far I'm surviving spring break with 6 kids in the house. Thankfully we have the option of sending them to the boys and girls club down the street each afternoon. I'll be spending the day boat shopping online.

Canadian eh!!!
I lied. Our teen downstairs finally got out of bed and let out a screech when his feet hit the wet carpet. It's not standing water. Just enough to dampen the carpet by the bed in the corner. I just spent the past 2 hours directing him to move a bed and clean up the garbage collection he had under his bed. I hauled the the shopvac and dehumidifier/heater to turn on in his room.

Canadian eh!!!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
All you sick folks.....

I got sick last year and was wondering if something else was wrong with me, mostly because I was getting sick often.

I'm not a OCD person that uses three bars of soap every time I wash my hands, but I have been in the food business forever, and washing my hands is second nature and do it very often, so I was pretty sure my often-sick condition was not from poor hygienic practices.

So, I'm sick and one of the guys at work insisted that taken an overdose of vitamin C, daily, really helps reduce sickness. That same day, two or three other people mentioned it, and then out of the blue, my kid calls and tells me he hadn't had a cold in over a year because he's been doing 3000mg a day.

You know what, it works. Every day I take 1 1000mg pill of vitamin C. I've been through about a jar and a half, so about 375 days, and I have not been sick once.

Might help in the future, might not.

PG - what say you?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I say yes, Fred.
C with rose hips being the best.
Linus Pauling wrote a book on the benefits of C, I read it all those years ago.
Achieving tissue saturation, basically taking triple the recommended dosage is supposed to be the ideal.
I've done that several times in my life with what I feel really did keep a cold virus from taking over.
It makes it burn when you urinate tho.
That's how you measure the saturation point.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After my accident I was taking vitamin c for months. The heartburn became unbearable and I had to stop.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I take 600 MGS of "C" every day. I bump it to 1800 if I get ill.

Saturation? Well the body will dump what it doesn't need so supposedly there is no overdose issue. Still if the excess goes into the urine stream and burns, back off a bit.

Right now Kidneys seem fine. They hurt like hell Sunday but were fine on Monday. I attribute that to "C" and cranberry juice. Cranberries have high "C" content as well so I was easily exceeding 2000 MGS daily.

B complex is also recommended.

My only symptom now is 104 fever at night. And lack of appetited. The Low back pain is my injury. X-rays proved it had moved drastically. However the doubt remains that the old injury pain could be hiding something else.

On the one hand, I am enjoying the attentions and concern of my family and friends. But more and more they are insisting somehow a doctor could fix it overnight. If my temperature jumps again tonite I will test their presumptions.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I take 600 MGS of "C" every day. I bump it to 1800 if I get ill.

Saturation? Well the body will dump what it doesn't need so supposedly there is no overdose issue. Still if the excess goes into the urine stream and burns, back off a bit.

Right now Kidneys seem fine. They hurt like hell Sunday but were fine on Monday. I attribute that to "C" and cranberry juice. Cranberries have high "C" content as well so I was easily exceeding 2000 MGS daily.

B complex is also recommended.

My only symptom now is 104 fever at night. And lack of appetited. The Low back pain is my injury. X-rays proved it had moved drastically. However the doubt remains that the old injury pain could be hiding something else.

On the one hand, I am enjoying the attentions and concern of my family and friends. But more and more they are insisting somehow a doctor could fix it overnight. If my temperature jumps again tonite I will test their presumptions.

When one self medicates, they have a fool for a doctor. That 104 fever is nothing to be messing with. That is some scary shit right there dude.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When one self medicates, they have a fool for a doctor. That 104 fever is nothing to be messing with. That is some scary shit right there dude.

Seriously, that is the same as saying a defendant without a lawyer has a fool for a client. Good advice but not patently true.
Laymen can and do know the law. It is not sacred knowledge to the Legal pros.

The same can be said of doctors and medicine. The main difference between me and my doctor is he can prescribe medication. And he is so aware of my medical knowledge, I don't have to see him. As a paramedic we learned to spot symptoms and relay to a doctor. It was my JOB. If I called the office and we chatted, he would likely go by my diagnosis.

104 fever is nothing to toy with. But it hardly means you will die.
All other vitals, including fluid exchanges( fluids taken and urine removed) check.
What could be helpful would be blood and urine analysis along with a cheek swab. If I suffer circadian rhythm disruption again tonight, that may well happen Friday.

BTW, I am scheduled for my annual visit end of the month. Full lab work, Physical, and obligatory lecture on suicide.

Meanwhile, I'm making no rush to the doctor. He is busy taking care of sick people who are really sick or have no idea why they are ill. And no interest in living healthy because that's why they have medical insurance.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Seriously, that is the same as saying a defendant without a lawyer has a fool for a client. Good advice but not patently true.
Laymen can and do know the law. It is not sacred knowledge to the Legal pros.

The same can be said of doctors and medicine. The main difference between me and my doctor is he can prescribe medication. And he is so aware of my medical knowledge, I don't have to see him. As a paramedic we learned to spot symptoms and relay to a doctor. It was my JOB. If I called the office and we chatted, he would likely go by my diagnosis.

104 fever is nothing to toy with. But it hardly means you will die.
All other vitals, including fluid exchanges( fluids taken and urine removed) check.
What could be helpful would be blood and urine analysis along with a cheek swab. If I suffer circadian rhythm disruption again tonight, that may well happen Friday.

Meanwhile, I'm making no rush to the doctor. He is busy taking care of sick people who are really sick or have no idea why they are ill. And no interest in living healthy because that's why they have medical insurance.

That's awesome Franc. Best of luck to you.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just got done cleaning the snow off the deck. Sunny, warm spring day and I be loving every minute of it. Man, does it feel good being outside and not freezing one's nards off. Hopefully, we have turned the corner on this winter thing.

I've turned the corner on this cold thing, too. Just a few sniffles left but energy level is back with no aches and pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.