Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Pets & Livestock Forum

Pets & Livestock Forum Pets, Livestock and other animals

Old 07-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,407 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66
Default Re: Got a new pup - Australian Shepherd

Lol. We try to avoid drinks and food for the dogs prior to riding in a vehicle. Marley is fine in a car and will fall asleep within minutes. Thunder needs to be kenneled in the vehicle as he gets very nervous and will throw up.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Bronze Member

jwstewar is on a distinguished road

We have 3 dogs (well, I think they are dogs, not big enough to be what I consider dogs. 2 Chihuahuas and a Mal-Shi (Maltese/Shih Tzu mix (designer breed FKA as a mutt). The 1 Chihuahua (Sissy - we didn't name her, she was 7 and already named when we got her) and the Mal-Shi (Lilly) love going bye-bye in the car. Both get in the car and can ride without issue. They will lie on the seat or on someone's lap until you stop, then they stand up and look out the window to see if it is time to get out. When they see us packing the camper they both go inside the camper and sit to make sure they get to go. Now the other Chihuahua (Sprinkles, my daughter loves cup cakes with sprinkles and it is her dog) is scared of everything. Someone comes to the house, under the couch. She feels most comfortable sitting on my lap in the chair or sleeping beside me. She absolutely hates cars. Can finally make short trips in the car now without getting sick, used to be we couldn't take her to town without getting sick. But she has started this thing where she "clicks" when she is in the car. I think she is actually panting where she is scared, but it sounds like someone clicking their finger nails or something. It is annoying as hell, but I have to tolerate it because the older 2 kids bitch about it and upsets my youngest daughter so I have to set an example.

Revelations 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

bczoom will become famous soon enoughbczoom will become famous soon enough
Style: T66

My dog (Aus. Shepard/Black Lab mix) had a slow start wanting to ride in vehicles. She'd puke in the truck even on short drives. It took a few years before she was interested in riding but now if I even walk near the truck she'll be right beside me looking at the truck door waiting for it to open so she can get in.

She also loves to ride in the car, on the ATV (Rear cargo cage area) or in the RTV.

She now has no problems going for long trips without incident. Haven't put her in a car for 16 hours but she does perfectly fine on 5-6 hour trips.