• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ural 2WD motorcycles w/sidecar

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've become fascinated with these Ural motorcycles :flowers: Seriously thinking about one.

HOME PAGE => http://www.imz-ural.com/index.html

Honda comes highly recommended, reliable, lots of dealers, but damn they are just Hondas. But these Urals have real character.

Built off of what is reported to be a reverse-engineered World War II era BMW boxer style engine. Apparently BMW had already moved on to a more advanced boxer style so this is pretty much an antiquated engine that dates back to the 1930's. It now has been updated a bit with fuel injection.

The design is pretty much a very-slowly upgraded 75 year old design that has much of the same look, but somewhat upgraded parts, while maintaining mostly a not-updated drivetrain.

Anyone have any thoughts on these things?

Attachments

• hero-lg-2.jpg
    hero-lg-2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 164
  • hero-lg-3.jpg
    hero-lg-3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 170
  • studio-hero.jpg
    studio-hero.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 172
  • hero.jpg
    hero.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 176
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 171
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 169
  • hero-lg-3-1.jpg
    hero-lg-3-1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 168

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a 59 r60 with the factory sidecar for many years. never the ural.
if you check the seattle craigs you'll usually find used ones.
if it isn't setup for the sidecar changing the rear wheel gearing for the car would be a good idea.
jim

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
They may be just a Honda, but damn they are built great and the dealer network is second to none.

First I have heard of the Ural MC. Interesting, but for me I doubt it would be something I would ever seriously consider.

In the end, your money so the decision is yours and yours alone. For me, I would go with a Honda.

Good luck.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob I had a bike as a kid with that style of front suspension i remembered it was heavy and stiff.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
An eastern block copy of a 1930's BMW. Complete with a heavy, harsh riding, horrible handling springer front end.

What's not to love.

:ermm: