• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pics of your boat

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
heres a few more pics from my first trip to the city in 06'. :chris:

Attachments

• boat trip  8-5-06 statue 009.jpg
    boat trip 8-5-06 statue 009.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 199
  • boat trip  8-5-06 statue 016.jpg
    boat trip 8-5-06 statue 016.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 199
  • boat trip  8-5-06 statue 018.jpg
    boat trip 8-5-06 statue 018.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 196
  • boat trip  8-5-06 statue 023.jpg
    boat trip 8-5-06 statue 023.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 195

JimR

Charter Member
Great shots, How long does it take to go up the river into Lake Champlain or vice versa? We have motored around Cayuga Lake (Finger Lakes Region) in NY. up into the Erie Canal over to Cross Lake and back. That made for a very long day trip with stops for meals. Quite a few years back we hauled a previous boat up to the St. Lawrence Seaway in Gananoqua, Canada to do the Thousands Islands area. That is some really nice territory up there.

JimR

Charter Member
I wonder how long a trip from Niantic, CT to NYC, up the Hudson River to the St. Lawrence, out to the Atlantic Ocean and back down to Niantic, CT via the Cape Cod Canal would take. I'm sure the fuel cost would be high.

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
approx 5 1/2 hrs. from lock 4 to lock 12 which is the mouth of lake champlain. I think lock 12 is open 24 hrs, but not the rest!

Its a VERY long day to make the statue from catskill , ny and back ....and 100 gals. of gas....

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a shot of our boat at Lake Powell, we find that we do not take pictures of the whole boat, we will have to work on that. We like playing on the water and usually double kneeboard, one shows me giving my wife a shower. The other is me kneeboarding close to the canyon walls and one of our friend right before he crashed. :w00t2:

Attachments

• js640_IMG_2382.jpg
    js640_IMG_2382.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 175
  • js640_IMG_0589.jpg
    js640_IMG_0589.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 173
  • js640_IMG_0613_1.jpg
    js640_IMG_0613_1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 173
  • js640_IMG_2422.jpg
    js640_IMG_2422.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 176
  • js640_IMG_2638.jpg
    js640_IMG_2638.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 174

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love Lake Powell, and I've never even been there. But the pics I've seen of it are all beautiful. Thanks wakeupcall for sharing those. Looks like fun for sure.

Kei, I have riden on those before. They have good boyency (sp) but they are not very aerodynamic. They do however not cost you an arm and a leg for fuel, unless you buy something to tow it with. :D

JimR

Charter Member
You guys are killing me. I finally got around to buying a used twin axle Continental galvanized trailer big enough to haul my 24 footer. I couldn't afford a new trailer so a nice used one for $800.00 did the trick. This weekend I'll be swapping out the old leaf springs, u bolts, spring pins and spring pads for new ones. I have installed a set of disc brakes on the trailer and a new set of fenders. I still need to run the new brake lines for the disc brake setup. Anyone considering adding disc brakes to thier trailer should know that you can use your standard brake master cylinder. All you need to do is pull it apart to remove the front baffle that keeps residual pressure in the lines. You can also drill this out if need be. I did put on a set of LED taillights on the trailer with a lifetime warranty. They are not cheap, $46.00 each. They should give me a lifetime of trouble free operation. I still need to swap out all my goodies from my old boat to the Formula. There just never seems to be enough time to do all the things that need to get done. We still haven't cleaned up the mess from the December ice storm that crippled us for a week.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not bad Jim. Sounds like you are close to having the trailer ready to haul. I suppose boating season doesn't start up there for a couple weeks yet anyway, right?
In the mean time we'll try to keep you focused by posting new pics from this new boating season. I'm sure that will help you Git er Done. Right? :D :thumb:

JimR

Charter Member
Oh you are really funny now. The season started weeks ago. I have just been too damn busy to do anything. I just got my trailer last Thursday night. I have been searching for the right trailer since last October. I wanted a bunk trailer, no rollers this time, with the rear guides. This one has both the rear and front guides. I'll post a picture later today. Time to head for the garage to make some rifle bolt handles.

Bamby

menupop.gif
menupop.gif
menupop.gif
May get her splashed this weekend Lord willing and everything goes alright. If you'd like to see more of her see this link.

Attachments

• 0523091843-00.jpg
    0523091843-00.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 0523091844-00.jpg
    0523091844-00.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 0523091845-01.jpg
    0523091845-01.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 233

JimR

Charter Member
I tried like all hell to get my boat ready this week. My trailer is almost done now except for the new master cylinder and brake line install. The boat still needs to have my GPS/fishfinder, VHF radio, am/fm/cd and a few other goodies installed from the old boat. I also want to upgrade the fuse panel and lighting to LED's. I ordered the new marker lights this week. Life is good when everything works like it is supposed to.

Bamby

menupop.gif
menupop.gif
menupop.gif
Well she's done enough and I splashed her.

Attachments

• 0607091729-00.jpg
    0607091729-00.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 0607091353-00.jpg
    0607091353-00.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 0608091029-00.jpg
    0608091029-00.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 217

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good Bamby.
RR, I think that is on the Muskingum River close to Zanesville. From there Bamby can get to the Ohio where I boat.
If you come on down the the Ohio Bamby let me know and we can meet up in the Marietta area.
I like the ramp you stow away under the deck. Very slick. Great for those stops on the island. :thumb:
Congrats on getting her wet. :beer:

Bamby

Docs just about located it, the pictures are just below the Philo Lock, on the Muskingum River which is in central Ohio. The top photo is a small sandbar which I nosed the boat onto while the lock tender changed lock. The middle photo is a sandbar and party central about a mile south of the lock. The bottom photo is at our marina in South Zanesville Oh.

The area has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places and will be recognized as the Muskingum River Navigation Historic District.
The Muskingum River Parkway and its 160-year-old navigation system were designated a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark by the American Society of Civil Engineers in July 2001. Along with such majestic institutions as Hoover Dam, The Empire State Building and the Golden Gate Bridge, the Muskingum River's 10 hand-operated locks are now recognized as one of America's great engineering accomplishments.
In its day, the system of locks and dams that extends 112 miles through southeastern Ohio, helped open the state and the entire Midwest to trade and development. Today, it serves the needs of more than 7,000 recreational boaters each year who come to fish, picnic and play in the scenic Muskingum Valley. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/muskngmr/tabid/773/Default.aspx

Marietta may be in our future sometime, but their is a good chance I'd trailer it down and put her in somewhere. Most people say it's 8 hours hard running down there and 8 back. Thats to much hard running in one weekend for me to consider it relaxing myself.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! :shock:

In other news, anyone heard if BigAl has made it out to his island in Panama? :smileywac

:biggrin: