• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pics of your boat

JimR

Charter Member
Mine is put away for the winter. Ice is already stating to form on the ponds around here.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, Like Vin, I made my own boat. Not as nice as his... OK, mine doesn't even float.

It's a little beat up but at 22 years old, I guess I should expect that (or maybe fix it).

It's not a very good picture...

It's made completely of safety wire (think small gauge ele. fence wire).
There's no glue or otherwise for attaching parts. Each wire is crimped onto another.

You can't see the detail, but there's a bedroom, galley, head, closet... Each has a decent degree of detail. There's hangers in the closet, 2 sinks, commode... All the doors (14 of them) are fully functional and open/close.

It's about 2.5 - 3' tall and long.

Attachments

• CIMG4744.JPG
    CIMG4744.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 273

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I took my boat for a spin today just to blow the cobwebs out. The reason is I am heading of for a week of sea fishing soon.
boat1november.jpg
Hey, I see water in that pic. I thought you were out? Would you get in trouble if you removed the drain plug, let a few hundred gallons into the boat and brought it home for your trees?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey, I see water in that pic. I thought you were out? Would you get in trouble if you removed the drain plug, let a few hundred gallons into the boat and brought it home for your trees?

Not if he paid tax on the water, got a permit, and did an environmental study???

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice boat you got there Jeff. I bet it handles nice with those 150's on the back.

Good to see you posting buddy!!!!! :thumb:

JeffSpencer

Hey Doc! Please forgive me for disappearing for a while. I got caught up in way too many boating/fishing forums.

How's things?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No problem Jeff .... I sure know how that goes. :hide:

Things are going GREAT, except that boating season is now over. We added the houseboat to our fleet this year and love it. We had 30 people on it one weekend and there was room for more. Just amazing.

How are things with you? I bet those twins have grown a bunch since I saw them last. On the verge of being teenagers now. That is a scary thought. :D

JeffSpencer

Believe it or not, the twins are 16 and DRIVING!!!:4_11_9: Everything else is going great. The Striper fishing and Yellowfin Tuna are just begining to show up here in NC. Wanna go?:tiphat:

JimR

Charter Member
Believe it or not, the twins are 16 and DRIVING!!!:4_11_9: Everything else is going great. The Striper fishing and Yellowfin Tuna are just begining to show up here in NC. Wanna go?:tiphat:

You guys are killing me. I'd love to be out catching stripers if I only had the time too.

daedong

Zoom, I like your boat I bet it can handle rough waters, Its very wiry.
Hey, you are like so many folks here they see water in the river and can't understand why we have restrictions. Its all held back by weirs, but there is nothing much up in the catchment and snow fields to come down, Its just a series of lakes out in the middle of the desert where the evaporation rates are extreme.

JimR

Charter Member
All work and no play,...well , you know the rest......if you find the time, let me know. I'll be fishing all through the winter.:coolshade

Just make sure you post the pictures of the lunkers you catch. Your a bit too far to go for a fishing trip. Not to mention the wife would kill me for taking off while I have so many things to do.:pat: I'm looking forward to some more global warming and the hope for no snow this year. :snow2_smi:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

16!!!!! That sure shocked me. :eek: Glad to hear all is good.

Heck yeah I wanna go. Do you really fish all winter?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jeff ....but that is a restricted area. I'm not allowed to view the image. When you have time how about posting it here too.
Thanks buddy!!!!!

OSUfan

here are some pics of the is year on the ohio

Attachments

• summer 08 041.jpg
    summer 08 041.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 182
  • summer 08 100.jpg
    summer 08 100.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 187
  • summer 08 110.jpg
    summer 08 110.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 185

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
this is my Fourwinns 238 vista, as we headed south on the hudson river.

Attachments

• Copy(2)ofCopyofP6100146.jpg
    Copy(2)ofCopyofP6100146.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 237

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pic T2T. Four Winns makes a NICE boat. The quality shows.

The hudson look narrow there. What part of the Hudson where you at? Does the Hudson River have lots of damns that you have to lock through to travel any distance?

Have you taken any long overnight cruises with your boat? We do that on occasion, get three or four boats together and cruise 100+ miles up or down river and spend the night at a marina. Lots of fun. :thumb:

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc, thanks. The river is kind of narrow from lock 5 up, but 15 feet deep all the way on the sides. I have done many overnite trips in the vista, this will be my 4th year with her. In this picture I believe it to be between lock 6 and 7, actually the champlain canal. Lock one (federal lock) is in Troy,ny and we go up to the begining of Lake Champlain (lock 12) for the past 6 years with anywhere from 3 to 5 boats. We spectate the foliage , usually the third weekend in september ,we call it "The Fall Run". We like the river cruising and have covered waters from the Statue of Liberty to the Champlain bridge. I have a bud who has done the erie canal up thru lake ontario, the st. lawrence to montreal seaway and down lake champlain to the hudson. I hope to do this some day as well.:smile:

Attachments

• boat trip  8-5-06 statue 015[1].jpg
    boat trip 8-5-06 statue 015[1].jpg
    24 KB · Views: 222
  • boat trip  8-5-06 statue 020.jpg
    boat trip 8-5-06 statue 020.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 223

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics. I've wanted to see the Statue of Liberty from the water, but yet to do it. Looks like a very scenic place to boat.
Do you have barge traffic all the way up the Hudson?

We have a boat club member getting geared up to do what we call the big loop.
Down the Ohio to the Mississippi River, then to the Gulf, on thru the keys, up the east coast/ intercoastal to the hudson, on through the Great Lakes to the Missouri (I think) on down to the Mississippi to the Ohio River and back up the Ohio River to home.

It will take him one year to do the trip. He's estimating the cost at 70k for the year. Sure would be a great trip.

JimR

Charter Member
Cool pictures on The Statue of Liberty. I want to head down there sometime to see that from the water too. I would also like to run the Hudson up into Lake Champlain. Here's my latest boat. She not for the comfort zone but a real fishing boat. She a 1986 Formula 242 FS with a recent motor and outdrive. I posted the photos up here before of her. They may not load up again. She's just dying to hit the water come spring for some Blue fishing.

Attachments

• Formula242FS1.JPG
    Formula242FS1.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Formula242FS3.JPG
    Formula242FS3.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Formula242FS4.JPG
    Formula242FS4.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 219

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pics Jim. Nice boat.
I bet Lake Chaplain would be gorgeous to boat on. :thumb:

Here is a few pics I haven't shared before
1 is of our houseboat at our boat club.
Random shots from floating on the Ohio, and a great sunset.

Attachments

• DSCF0158_r.JPG
    DSCF0158_r.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF0179_r.JPG
    DSCF0179_r.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCF0180_r.JPG
    DSCF0180_r.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF0181_r.JPG
    DSCF0181_r.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 211

JimR

Charter Member
Nice shots on the river. I wish that I had the time and money to run a river like that or the trip Doc was talking about. That would be heaven for me.

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
JimR, you are welcome to join us , the more the merrier ! It is not to expensive to run the river, just fuel . marinas can get pricey tho south near NYC. They charge $10 for a two day pass for the locks.:wink: