• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sure hope this is wrong!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a forecast model for turkey day. we are in the 18-19 inch zone.:hammer:

Attachments

• T-day snow.jpg
    T-day snow.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 161

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Back Friday sure should be entertaining. I'll stay home and watch the highlights on the tube. We are in the 5" range. Yawn.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we got snowflakes, squalls, snow goin' in various directions, & whistling winds- that weather must be headed elsewhere, now. i was kind of fretting over not getting to see my family 4 Thanksgiving. i should see them, tho,- weather permitting. i hafta shop black friday, too. snow would be a slight obstacle.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like a nice dump for us up here as well. I remember back in '71 we had a big nor'easter on Thanksgiving. I had just gotten out of the Navy and was trying to hitchhike home from Norfolk. What a mess that was. :biggrin:

Don't expect to be hitchin' anywhere this time around. :wink:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
If folks don't like the weather here, Big Al has a place up for sale in Panama where you can bask in the sunshine year round.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have been lucky today as most snow bands have missed us. Down to 11 already and still windy. Local weather says it all depends whether it hugs the coast or comes further inland how much we get. Sure as hell ain't going to be rain at these temps.:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been lucky up here so far for snow. I could have raked the yard yesterday if I wanted. We finally got a couple inches today. Was -17c this morning here. 3 hours away, it was -27c. They have close to a foot of snow already.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Local guy says 4-8 Tuesday into Wednesday. NWS says more if it tracks up the Chesapeake with significant icing as well as 4-8 of snow.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
They are talking mostly a rain event here. I guess the storm is tracking more to the west that originally thought. Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit. don't have to shovel the rain. :yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i went & drank a few. a few mentioned these said weather conditions . i blinked. returned to my beverage, & said, 'yinz must not be nor-folk, huh'. very rhetorichol. i figure, they cannot be not of this region.
they were pouting over weather- they better adjust soon!
i was correct. they're not locals.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
No snow here but it's been raining since last Thursday. I don't know how much we got but the rain gauge was full on Saturday, 6 inches, and it's still drizzling right now. It's supposed to quit tomorrow night and clear out but get even colder as it clears. They're talking about 20 degrees on Thursday morning. That's COLD for East Texas.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like they just raised the ante for our area. It has been snowing for 2-3 hours now with the heavy stuff to move in later. 7-15 on higher elevations is quite believable as the roads are not bare anymore after the nasty cold over the weekend. The Amish boys helped me move the big tiller with the skid steer and then helped get the plow on the truck. Should have had them load wood in the boiler as my pacemaker nailed me again after loading it and covering the pile.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 87