• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Morning jolt?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it tests itself every morning at 7:30. I can't hear it and maybe it got confused by daylight savings time.:yum:Going to try the shower routine again and see if that sets it off again.:brows:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I left them a message at 11:30 this morning. Got a message back from the same nurse I talked to yesterday. Doc is not concerned but I could schedule an appt. if i want and he might change my meds. UHMMMM quit taking the arrhythmia meds 3 years ago. I spent more time getting specialized tests because of the nasty side effects than I did on anything. At $1100 a test. So screw it. If I don't feel bad and it don't go off I will see them in January for the big device test.

mak2

So I guess you survived the shower thing. Noticed you were gone a couple of minutes. :yum:
I left them a message at 11:30 this morning. Got a message back from the same nurse I talked to yesterday. Doc is not concerned but I could schedule an appt. if i want and he might change my meds. UHMMMM quit taking the arrhythmia meds 3 years ago. I spent more time getting specialized tests because of the nasty side effects than I did on anything. At $1100 a test. So screw it. If I don't feel bad and it don't go off I will see them in January for the big device test.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
muley, i dunno how u stayed awake. when my icd has kicked, i've gone unconscious. i was distinctly aware of her kicking, that jolt/buzz from ticker to tootsies, then nothin'. then i'd be on the floor & medics would be surrounding me. thankfully, someone was here 'er i'd be inpatient each time, 'cept fer once. hafta almost chuckle @ the 1 nurse. i say, 'mary, i keep hearin' this beeping in my chest.' she says take my shower. i got zapped 2 minutes thereafter, then again.
glad ur okay. have u got a medtronic~ if so, they'll issue a few cards so u could keep 1 on u, another in plain sight, etcetera. i keep 1 on my main desk, another taped to the inner lid of my lunchbox (purse), 1 in a wallet in the purse w/ the medic alert sign in view.
u take a few & relax~ would 'ya.......

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. Medtronics. I have the cards and used to wear a bracelet and carry the wallet card. Guess i should dig them out and start again. Doc said after 5 years he don't know why I would have revved up. i checked pulse 5 times since it went off and never over 86 usually in the 60'-70's. I might get them to bump it up at least 5 BPM in January when they put the big machine on it.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
You can only turn off the one mode with the magnet. They had a problem where the wires were not stripped properly when inserted into the device or the insulation was cracking. I got the recall notice but by then the wires were already grown into the heart and the doc did not want to mess with it. It picks up when I get nailed with the fencer when I am weedeating.

That's one scary sentence, as far as I'm concerned. I hope all is well and you get to the bottom of what's going on.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well at least we know it works! Got to wonder about the insulation on the wires. I could swear the blue arc jumped from one front suspender clip to the other. And I heard the SNAP loud as can be. Piss on it! If it didn't go off when I was sweating the cancer verdict I ain't too worried about it now. The old woman down the hollow is sure worried though. She just got hers a few months ago and is scared to death if it ever goes off. I offered to give her a hug so we could double fire when I was picking up some cookies she made me. :yum::yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
they're great, tho i got the faulty lead in 1, if not 2, when there was that class-action suit. despise routine checks w/ the 'mouse' (resembles 1 imo)- & that tickle in the throat when they increase the rate for a few, (it's like panic to me).
have torn the leads @ least once.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the mouse type one at home also. Then once a year they put all the little electrode pasties on plus the mouse on the big machine. That scans a whole years worth of data and downloads it. Then good till 90 day home check.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i was to get one awhile ago, then they relinquished on that due to a cardiac, methinx. & i jus' missed an appt. w/ them, too, where i coulda requested they reconsider again. ugh. btw, grumble on the stickers/machine. those stickers get so chilly when they paste 'em on. then they leave gooey stickies on u, a few of 'em.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Them good ones sure stick. Some sick nurses get entirely too much pleasure pulling them off.:w00t2::yum::yum: What is bad is when they have 11 or more on at once. At least 2 in the groin and a few on each leg. They rip the hair real bad.:hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
maybe they were beauticians before, & figure they'll give u a sugaring/waxing, on them.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I don't know about that waxing and stuff. I know my skin is so thin it will tear if they use the good tape. Been checking the pulse a lot since it went off and 82 is as high as it has been. Feel like crap with this cold or whatever I came down with. Still a little leery of putting socks and shoes on.:hammer: