• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got a new NOAA Weather Alert radio today: SANGEAN CL 100

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I should get one as a backup for the little Mexican dog. If there is any thunder going on she will wake you up. If it is real close the Jack Russel starts in as well.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I took mine upstairs into the bedroom. I need to put a better antenna on it but it's working up there.
In the last hour it's gone off 4-5 times. Everything up to and including tornado warnings.

So, for now anyway, I'm going to keep it. That weather alarm even on low volume will wake the dead.

Glad you got it working!

Jim

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I found one on Amazon. $60 with free shipping.

I need to put a better antenna on it but it's working up there

This should be better than the built in $15.49

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sangean-America-Inc-ANT-100-External/dp/B0055Q5FIQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373572288&sr=8-2&keywords=Sangean+antenna"]Amazon.com: Sangean ANT-100 External Antenna: Car Electronics[/ame]

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim. That looks so much like a CB antenna, I may check my cache of antennas before buying one.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim. That looks so much like a CB antenna, I may check my cache of antennas before buying one.

Worth a try!

You'll need an adaptor to match the plug on the scanner. Radio Shack will have one.

The only potential problem could be the matching network at the base of the antenna. CB is 27 mHz and you're working much higher 160 mHz. The mismatch might reduce the signal. As long as it works better though you've made progress!

Jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I checked the stereo box for an antenna last night but only had an AM antenna. Going to dig more as the jack is for both FM and weather. I gotta have a FM antenna laying around here somewhere (hopefully with 3.5 mm jack)...