• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hurting now

loboloco

Isn't it cheaper to pay the local kids, buy the alfalfa or clover and put a coat of lime and urea on it?
You are forgetting the entertainment value. Rusty loaded, trying to load rocks. Mule could sell tickets and get rich.:yum:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't been able to post much lately because I have so many labor intensive projects going outside right now that it's killing me. My 30th high school class reunion is at my place next weekend and I've been completely re-doing all the landscaping, running power to my wife's gazebo and adding a ceiling fan, building steps up to the launch platform for the zipline over the lake and tearing down, straightening the footing, and rebuilding a 65' retaining wall. That's all in addition to finishing the beach area around the lake; another 300 tons of sand spread, repainting the soccer goals, building a volleyball area and generally sprucing up our 12 acre yard.

I thought I had some help with my son and a couple of his friends but the 22 year olds told me that it was just too hot to work outside doing all that digging and moving all that sand and rock, so they quit after 1 day. I seem to think I'm still a kid, but I can easily see 50 years old from where I stand and each morning is pure misery. Complaining doesn't do me any good or get any work done, so I've been having some of those pain pills I never took for my last knee surgery for breakfast lately. I can't say they're powerful, but they seem to take just enough of the edge off so I can get all the bone cracking out of the way and start moving more than creaking. Even drinking water and Gatorade all day (like 4 gallons worth), my record is an 8 pound weight loss in 1 day.

You guys are right. This getting old crap isn't for wimps!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear you Dargo. Just woke up cause the vicodin wore off. After supper I went and filled the RTV with 3 more loads of rocks and I am sore and beat. Have to keep at it as we should get rain Sunday and I hope to have the seed drilled in before it gets here.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have one but there is too much sod for it. This field was really rough and rocky. I am making progress about 3 loads at a time. Then I need a break for a while. Did 3 this morning and am whipped right now. neighbor ran diagonal passes with the disc on part of it before he had to go bale hay. Won't get done with mine before the rain but no big deal. It is actually a little early for the rye anyway. Don't want it to go to head before it frosts out.