• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Lap-Band Journey

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
yeahyeahyeah i really ddint feel like it. and i wanted to stop for a beer after work, was a long interesting day. ham will be done tomorrow

Lithium

Now the tough decision is.....what to eat on Thursday day before the diet...Im getting to the point where I dont care what I have.. that doesnt matter anymore I just want to get it done... food doesnt seem to be a issue right now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Soup and sandwich might be a good choice. Better if Rusty prepares it!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You have never ate my kind of soup and sanwiches my dear. Real soup has fresh veggies and real meat in it. Lots of seasoning and a couple of hard boiled eggs. The grilled cheese has 1/4 inch of velveeta between 2 slices of seltzers sweet lebanon bologna on 12 grain bread.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
soup and sandwich? what are you, a 90 year old woman???

how bout a fat juicy steak, loaded baked potato, and for a veggie, another loaded baked potato :yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The beef roast with carrots,taters,onions and celery is brewing in the crockpot right now. Just added a few spices and will be savoring it shortly!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
test 003.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tasted great also. I showed great restraint and only ate that one plate. Putting the rest away for lunch tomorrow. Damn weight has jumped the past 5 days in a row.:hammer::hammer::hammer:7-8 lbs. Go figure. I have to blame it on too many fresh vegetables as that is all that really changed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tasted great also. I showed great restraint and only ate that one plate. Putting the rest away for lunch tomorrow. Damn weight has jumped the past 5 days in a row.:hammer::hammer::hammer:7-8 lbs. Go figure. I have to blame it on too many fresh vegetables as that is all that really changed.

Or it could be that one of your meds needs adjusted?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well i doubled my lasix this morning and will see what the morning weight is. Does seem like it must be fluid. The only thing I have had that I normally don't was peanut butter on celery stalks. Did eat 4-5 over the past 2 days. Been eating more carrots as snacks. I will just keep a close eye on it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well i doubled my lasix this morning and will see what the morning weight is. Does seem like it must be fluid. The only thing I have had that I normally don't was peanut butter on celery stalks. Did eat 4-5 over the past 2 days. Been eating more carrots as snacks. I will just keep a close eye on it.
Celery is pretty high in sodium (believe it or not) - so is that peanut butter, unless you're eating a brand that isn't.

Lithium

Ok… Today starts the diet drinks… No meat, chz, milk etc. Only certain veggies and strawberries or grapes… even when I can have those it is only 2 cups a day…ugh….lets see how quickly the pounds drop off with this….wish me luck!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck. Know there are many folks pulling for you. Positive outlook and it will pass quickly and you will be off on a new beginning.:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Lithium , I,m sure Rusty will join you for support by limiting himself to a liquid diet as well :smile: .

Lithium

Ok...sorry havent been on lately.. Bill thanks for the call it really helped... So before I started my diet I gained those 3 pounds back I had lost. but........... Since starting the diet on friday...............
:wow:...........I LOST 6 POUNDS!!!..............:wow:

Let me tell you this has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I cried friday and cried saturday... poor rusty... I know ive been a bitch.....Im sorry....this is day number 4 of the diet...6 more days to go of these yucky shakes... then a day of clear liquids then surgery!

Thank you all for your support... it is needed and appreciated more then you know!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well don't obsess over the pounds. My weight has been jumping around last 10 days and my coumadin as well. Be patient and it will come around. Those shakes are never going to taste like real food but they are important for survival. Just know that all this pain and aggravation has a reward at the end. Six months from now you will look back and realize it was not as bad as it seemed at the time. Hang in there girl!:clap::flowers: