• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4 dudes on serious diets !

mak2

I am about to give up on losing anymore weight. 220 this morning and was 216 on Thursday. Can't see any reason for it other than fluids buildup. I hope it is just temporary and I can get back under 215. I did skip having my ted stockings on for 2 days as they ended up in the regular wash not my hand wash basin.

I bet you ankles are swollen, you are certainly retaining fluid, you dont gain 4 lbs in 4 days unless you are really really pigging our or retaining fluid. wear your TED hose and keep your feet up for a while, are you taking lasix?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I am but I need to double the dose for a few days. This goes on a few times a year. When I had my surgery for my shoulder i shot up to 231 in a 2 day stretch. Just have to try to find the time to elevate the legs. That always helps bring it back down. Certain vegetables seem to be almost as bad as sodium for holding fluids. I know the broccoli messes with it and I have been eating a bit of it as the wife made some real good salad with it and the last little bit of real bacon I had. Had a few ears of corn lately and even with lite salt used sparingly it all adds up. The bad part of lasix is it interferes with daily activities always having to find a bathroom. Not a big deal when I am at home but traveling or shopping it is a PITA. I know where every bathroom is at stores we shop at and every back road to stop when you just have to go.

mak2

Yes I am but I need to duble the dose for a few days. This goes on a few times a year. When I had my surgery for my shoulder i shot up to 231 in a 2 day stretch. Just have to try to find the time to elevate the legs. That always helps bring it back down. Certain vegetables seem to be almost as bad as sodium for holding fluids. I know the broccoli messes with it and I have been eating a bit of it as the wife made some real good salad with it and the last little bit of real bacon I had. Had a few ears of corn lately and even with lite salt used sparingly it all adds up. The bad part of lasix is it interferes with daily activities always having to find a bathroom. Not a big deal when I am at home but traveling or shopping it is a PITA. I know where every bathroom is at stores we shop at and every back road to stop when you just have to go.

Hang in there buddy, just dont give up on your diet. It would be even worse if you gain weight. But you know all that so I will shut up now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know how everyone else is doing but I am hanging at 217-220 all the time for about a month now. Guess it was just a fluke to get down to 212 for a few weeks. All my other things seem stable as I am back to 2 week intervals for INR testing. It has been steady and overall I feel pretty good at this weight. I will have to watch it as hunting season has always been a gain period for me. It starts with Thanksgiving and continues through New Years.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My weight isn't changing much. Since the last time I posted here I have lost another 5 pounds so it is going much slower. Total of 70 lbs now since the end of March. However, my body is changing. Pants are getting loser (girls that is not an invitation please stay away. I know my just my looks gets you all going :hide: )

So I feel that fat is going but maybe picking up some muscle. Still going good on my bike and now have over 900 miles since June 11th. My longest single trip now is 56 miles.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My weight isn't changing much. Since the last time I posted here I have lost another 5 pounds so it is going much slower. Total of 70 lbs now since the end of March. However, my body is changing. Pants are getting loser (girls that is not an invitation please stay away. I know my just my looks gets you all going :hide: )

So I feel that fat is going but maybe picking up some muscle. Still going good on my bike and now have over 900 miles since June 11th. My longest single trip now is 56 miles.
:wow::applause:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I am actually maintaining my 60 pound loss . My brain is also getting smaller .Leaving for Panama on Monday so that should be good for another 15 - 20 punds over the next 5 weeks

Last edited:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I'm down to 215 from 245 last winter...

Not much change in diet, just a lot more physical activity. Left the office job for self employment.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I am steady at this point, total is about 30 lbs loss, but running the oil skimmer in Mississippi wasn't much work in the sense of burning off calories, and the food we ate was all deep fried and breaded. Not a lot of choice there so the program kinda stalled, but did at least keep an even keel...!

Headed up to Prudhoe Bay Monday, so the diet there won't be that great either for eating healthy in camp... Good food though!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Didn't really lose much more weight from the last time I posted here but I can tell something is happening with my clothes.

Today I did my largest single bike ride of 71 miles. 22 of the miles was straight into a 22 mile per hour wind. I don't mind hills at all but I hate wind on the bike. I think I am close to being reading to hit one of my goals of 80 miles. I would like to raise my mph though some. I did have new clipless pedals and shoes so my knees are hurting some. The clipless pedals don't allow your feet to move around like straight shoes.

With today's trip that is over a 1,000 miles since June 13th this year.

Today's Trip

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lithium posting her weight loss in anther thread made me go looking for this one. I am not doing so well. As I read this thread it looks like I have only lost 5 more pounds since the middle of September. That gives me a total of 75 but I was expecting to be way lower by this time. Frustration takes a toll on me and at the rate I am now going I won't get to my goal until the end of the summer 2011 :hammer::hammer: I can tell my body is changing and the fact that I am lifting weights in my mix of workouts I may be putting on more muscle than I had if I had any. Holidays coming up and traveling on the road all day today and Saturday I am sure to gain some back this week alone. Then Christmas and New Years. Dang I have to find a better way.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I been bad .:mellow: Gained a few pounds back . My biggest problem is when I have a lot of work to do , I bulk up . Boy have I been bulking lately . The good thing is it could have been a lot worst if not for all the work this past year . Gotta get my head outta my ass and get serious again.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I go up and down from 215-220 for months now. Try to watch the sodium and eat healthy foods for the most part. This seems to be my new norm and since it is 5-10 less than last year I don't really worry about it.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I have been steady at about a half to a pound a week, not really fast, but still going down.:clap:

Downside is I still have a ways to go...:sad:

Total loss is about 47 pounds from max so far.:w00t2:

Having a "Better than Average Physique" is rough having anyone notice. I get down to about 230 and I am pretty solid anymore... Still bigger than a normal weight when I get there.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not doing so well here guys. I have only lost two more pounds since I last posted in November. It is starting to wear on me everytime I step on the scale. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Still losing around a pound a week on the low fat diet (some times more and others less, but the trend is down). Rather like it and not having problems liking the food, they make all sorts of stuff that is low fat or fat free. I just keep it below 20 grams a day and still eat a lot.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hit 224 twice last week and now am back at 219. The big thing for me is I can't wear ted stocking in my boots. They offer no cushion for the poor feet and I end up with sore feet. Can't wear sneakers to run around in the snow or I get wet feet.:hammer: Got my cholesterol test back and they are incredibly low. Total is down to 77. Triglycerides 57. Hdl 36.
Ldl 30. Liver function normal and they say stay on the Lipitor. I am slowly phasing out the Plavix since the cardio guy says it is not needed anymore. I cleared out room in the basement to setup the treadmill again. might start off slow on that this week.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
To make things worse I ripped my knee out running tonight. No swelling but can't move it at all even with icing it down.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Trade you for 2 sore shoulders tonight. Damn muscle pains from cutting down the plavix plus it has my INR all screwed up. :w00t2:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Ahhh, there you go, you see! You must have Tinnitus, so she's doing you a favor!

:halo:

I have had it for years, now trying rocks in my ears to see if that helps. They are special rocks :whistling: but still rocks.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have some titanium between my ears! It reminds me it is there when it gets real cold.:hammer:

Well since it's brought up, how are the 4 dudes doing? I know Murph is cycling like crazy. From what I remember from the pics I've seen, none of you looked overweight to me at all.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well Murph is down 85 pounds. Not the 100 I wanted to do in a year. I missed the year on March 14th or somewhere in that area. I hit a 3 or 4 month plateau where I lost nothing but in fact started to gain. I wasn't losing so I ate less, that didn't work so I exercised more, that didn't work so I ate even less, that didn't work so I exercised more, well you get the snowball effect here. Eventually even with the snowball I started gaining weight and put about 15 back on until three weeks ago I figured out what was wrong and that I was starving myself and my body shut down. Now with three weeks eating again I have lost the 15 I gained back and hopefully will continue to lost the last 15. That should put my under the Clyde status.

I have ridden my new ride a total of 442 miles this year with the weather being shitty not bad.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well, I slowed way down, but the losses are winning over the gains! About down six pounds over the last posting. Getting a lot more running around now, so that isn't hurting either, and with the snow melting, will be back to peddling around soon too.

Going to have to slow down and eat more though, can't keep buying smaller clothes....!