• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4 dudes on serious diets !

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Shep that is good as long as you are still working and getting exercise. Do you still have energy?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Not sure if I lost any more weight, but I know damn well I have not gained any . Overalls are a bit large and getting looser every day .I figure I am down about 65 to 70 pounds from Sept of last year .Still want to lose another 100 .:wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if I lost any more weight, but I know damn well I have not gained any . Overalls are a bit large and getting looser every day .I figure I am down about 65 to 70 pounds from Sept of last year .Still want to lose another 100 .:wink:
Then you'll be "Really Thin Al" :smile:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
See now Foggy, chocolate or any sweets for that matter would never be a tough spot for me if I had to lose weight.
Now breaded, fried and spicy things, then I'd have a problem.
Thankfully all those things go right through me now when I eat them.
I am now at 148, up a few pounds since my surgery. Still feeling really good too, 3rd stent and all.

Good job, btw :)

Well I can see why Al is losing weight in hot climates... Being down here on the gulf coast in temps close to 100 degrees daily under the direct sun really takes a toll on someone not use to it. Going though gallons of suntan lotion, but bought some "Bullfrog" stuff you spray on and it seems easier to put on than rubbing and will see if it works.

No clue to if I am losing weight or not since there is no scales, but the clothes are still pretty lose.

Running the skimmer isn't hard work, just the constant heat and sunlight is tough. Built a cover over the skimmer for a bit of shade... helps some.

BTW, when I took the photo, I didn't realize that I got some of the remnants of some of the houses wiped out by the Hurricane a few years back... The surge of water here was about thirty feet and the houses built on the pilings were just washed away. Pretty sad for those that were here, everything that is here now is new.

Attachments

• Picture 513.jpg
    Picture 513.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 124

SShepherd

yes, it is a bit pricy but depending on your insurance, it might pay for it as it's directly from a MD.
Energy:
Yes, you have plenty of energy to go daily work, etc. But if you;re a OCD, ADD, Type A personality and tend to go at things like a laser-- I worked out 5 days a week.
They told me I should be a poster child for their program as typica results should be around 35-40lbs.
Trust me, not everyone can do it. Mentally, it's very difficult. I suppose it comes down to how bad you really want it.
phase I is a injection, and 500cal/day. yaya, I hear you .......no, it's not a starvation diet. Your body is tricked into thinking it's getting 3000cal/day. I can't type it all out, it's too complicated. I can say I never "starved".
I start phase II monday..1800cal/day divided into 6meals. This phase resets your bodys metabolism and weight "set point".
Another point to this diet is a detox. Everything out eat, it's important that it me organic..espeially the meat. Seroid, antibiotic and hormone free.
this diet is so sensative that I ate something with MSG in it--I didn't lose any weight for 3 days:doh:

SShepherd

Al, the program I'm on might be perfect for you

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am down to 212 this morning. Mostly from sweating my butt off in the garden. Would like to maintain 210 by the end of this month. Hoping as more stuff comes ripe in the garden we can eat more veggies and less snacks. I have been hitting baby carrots instead of snack food. Had some fresh peas out of the pod yesterday and mostly just cutting back on volume. Went for friday fish fry and put half of it in a take out box and ate it for supper last night. I did eat some home made maple iced sticky buns this morning. Those Amish girls like to spoil me!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will refrain from posting pics of them. This thread is about losing not breaking diets.:flowers::yum::yum::yum::yum:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well I am still plugging away on the bike. My goal was to get to 500 miles by August 11th. I am there with some change. My weight lost this last three weeks has been terrible. Actually I even gained some. Don't know why but last Wednesday I had a turn around and have dropped 15 pounds. I have lost 65 total with another 35 to go.

Did a 30 mile ride today that was hell on me. A new route that had some good inclines to it but the wind slowed me down more than anything. We were gusting around 20 to 30 mph and with my larger frame body it made it tough at times even going downhill.

With that I am sure I will hit the sheets early. The large really large Brandy Coke is helping.

Attachments

• Trimble.jpg
    Trimble.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 125

mak2

I typed a reply and it disappeared when I hit the button. Weird.

Good job on the milage, 500 miles is really good. I got my blackberry today, I am still working on learning to text so I might not get to the gps for a while. dang phone does everything.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Did you buy that bike?

Not yet. Two days left on the bidding. I am skeptical. You mentioned it and so did a few others about the frame having a crack and I would not know until I got it here or until it cracked more. The guy selling it has a 99.6% rating factor so that is pretty good. The price seems just too good to be true and I always hate that.

I went and rode a brand spanking new one today for 3 miles. I didn't want to take it back. I can get it for $2,100.00 My wife wants me to wait and see if the new one drops any this winter. She also told me our finances suck right now and would rather I pedal the old Trek 820. Can't go fast with it but is serving the purpose right now.

mak2

Wife's never want you to buy a new bike, it is just a rule.

The one big advantage the bike shop has over the internet is you can ride and fall in love with the bike. Shop around online since you know what you like. Another thing, if a bike shop sells it to you they seem to feel responsible for it and do better service, so if the price is close I would buy from the shop. Bikes are about the only things I like shopping for.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
There has been some activity on the bidding so we are looking right now 1,025 versus 2,100. Who knows what will happen as the bidding comes closer to the end.

Amazing how I can pick up that bike with just my finger extended out. My Trek I need both hands. Big difference.

Erik's Bike shop did and actual fit for me to find out what size I need and the 58cm in the auction is exactly what was recommended. Erik's only had a 58.2. I think Specialized is the only one that breaks them out in tenths that I have seen so far.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My weight has been bouncing like a nut case the past few weeks. Been down to 212 and back as high as 218 yesterday. We ate out the night before and it just tends to screw my weight up. I have been eating more vegetables and fruit than normal and it sends it bouncing worse than when I eat sausage and fried potatoes. At least my blood is steadying out. I had cut back one med and that might have effected it a little. I don't worry too much about it but still step on the scales every morning.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well I hope this trip helps take off some weight. 41 and some miles in one trip. This is now my longest single trip. Some pretty good hills with temps in the high 80's and humidity at 83% With that and this old heavy body I still managed 14 miles per hour average. I ride an older heavy Trek 820 Bike. Hope the scale don't go so high tomorrow.

Trip

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I hope this trip helps take off some weight. 41 and some miles in one trip. This is now my longest single trip. Some pretty good hills with temps in the high 80's and humidity at 83% With that and this old heavy body I still managed 14 miles per hour average. I ride an older heavy Trek 820 Bike. Hope the scale don't go so high tomorrow.

Trip
Looks like it was a perty scenic route acording to the map , What no pics . :sad: Kudos for you doing it though & good luck :wink:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks like it was a perty scenic route acording to the map , What no pics . :sad: Kudos for you doing it though & good luck :wink:

Riding and using a camera is like walking and chewing gum at the same time. I can't do it well :yum::yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am about to give up on losing anymore weight. 220 this morning and was 216 on Thursday. Can't see any reason for it other than fluids buildup. I hope it is just temporary and I can get back under 215. I did skip having my ted stockings on for 2 days as they ended up in the regular wash not my hand wash basin.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have not loss any more recently but I have not gained any back , so I am happy .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I did another 21 this morning before my wife even got out of bed. That is 62 miles for the weekend and a total of 676 miles since June 11th. I have build stamina to do 85 miles in one trip and no longer than 3.5 hours by next June for a bike race.

today's trip