• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dog Pen started

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
We, sort of. Ran into a gassy problem. The gas line is 6" below the surface, so I have to move it. Well the gas company will be disconnecting it.

It was a bit muddy also, the bota got her feet muddy.

Where the gas tank is, soon will be gone. New company putting a new tank about 15' further back. This will allow me to build the 10x20 area I need for Hershey.

Attachments

• PICT0438.JPG
    PICT0438.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 82
  • PICT0432.JPG
    PICT0432.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 83
  • PICT0421.JPG
    PICT0421.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 82

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The fence panels I got the deal on.

And the area of the barn that will be home to Hershey once I get the door cut in the back of it. One panel with a gate will go in the barn also. I will cut the workbench in front of the last leg and mount the fence to that. I will also be attaching the top along the loft area.

The area under the window will be his door into the house. I will use Ubolts to mount the first fence panels to the house.

Attachments

• PICT0431.JPG
    PICT0431.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 79
  • PICT0437.JPG
    PICT0437.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT0430.JPG
    PICT0430.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 81

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Danny,

Is that propane tank for you garage? If so, how often do you fill it?

My neighbor has a similar setup. For his, he just put an insulated dog house inside the shed and uses the top as a workbench. The top of the dog house is hinged so he can flip it up to clean inside.

Brian

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
BC

No that is the propane for the house. We fill it once a year. Trouble is that last time it was "auto" filled it was done at the highest price they could charge, at the highest time of the year. I still have yet to get into the 60% they filled it, so I only take a screwing once........they are out of here. Besides, a local company was .80 cents a gallon cheaper that same time. Of course 'they' are always comparable...............NOT.

As for the dog "house". He gets the run of the backside of the barn. I will box in the under side of the workbench. The box you see there will be inside the box with his straw etc there. The rest of the area will be for him also so he can be out of the weather and not have to be in the bed. There is electric in the barn so I can heat it if I need to.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Update: Rain, nothing done on the pen yet, way to wet.

Gas problem. Called told them to take it out, going to get my gas somewhere else at 1.49 a gallon...............they immediately matched that, 1 year contract price, and they resold me the gas from February at 1.49 a gallon also...................imagine what that phone call saved me, just in what I have already.

2.29-1.49=.80 * 300 gallons= 240.00...........

they will move the tank back 15 feet for 59.00 plus copper..........done deal!Q

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Gas tank moved, hole started, line ran in a REAL trench (sorry no pics) the guy beat me to it. This is where I am at so far, got rained out again today. With school and the weather, my weekend has been shot.

One good thing, we now have the garage door opener installed, thanks to my new neighbor. It is great to have great neighbors, dont know what I missed till now.

Attachments

• PICT0621.JPG
    PICT0621.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 46
  • PICT0620.JPG
    PICT0620.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 45
  • PICT0618.JPG
    PICT0618.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 45

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Got to work on the pen again, almost done. Fence up, partially leveled out the balance, and some idiot behind the wheel of the bota, bent the top bar on one frame. I have another frame, and a great neighbor who helped do all this. It is great to have great neighbors...........

Attachments

• PICT0624.JPG
    PICT0624.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 24
  • PICT0625.JPG
    PICT0625.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT0685.JPG
    PICT0685.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 23

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This is our newest resident. I got this by luck of being pointed in the right direction.

Attachments

• PICT0643.JPG
    PICT0643.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 22

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Got the "top" on the pen. Used those extra panels on top of the side panels to make it more secure and keep him from jumping out. Photos later, I am to tired to snap!