• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It's winter - I need a boat fix!

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to look at an older 12 meter Fountain ICBM this weekend. S'posed to be very clean - we'll see.

Anybody know anything about these boats?

Attachments

• Fountain1.jpg
    Fountain1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Fountain 2.jpg
    Fountain 2.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Fountain3.jpg
    Fountain3.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 194

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
And probably get about 25 miles to the gallon.

No, wait - that should be 25 gallons to the mile!:pat:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
What's it got for power and drives? A pad hull, or a vee? Looks clean. Where's it at?

Kubota King

A friend of mine has a 33' fountain. If there is something spacific you want to know about it, I can ask him. He knows the boat well.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm green with envy! I love fountain boats. Tell us more. Like waybomb said what powers it. Would sure like too see more pics of it.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
waybomb said:
What's it got for power and drives? A pad hull, or a vee? Looks clean. Where's it at?

No power - had twin 420 hp in it but owner bought a 50' that needed engines so they went in there -along with a 3rd one.
Bravo 3's, V hull, and is s'posed to be very clean...I'll know more Saturday.
If I end up with it I have a line on a pair of blown 502's...ought to be just the thing for it!

WayBomb - It's stored south of Jackson. My current boat is in Saugatuck. Maybe we can hook up sometime during "boating" season.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, what did you decide? More pics would be nice, if you got em. :)

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Wannafish said:
If I end up with it I have a line on a pair of blown 502's...ought to be just the thing for it!

WayBomb - It's stored south of Jackson. My current boat is in Saugatuck. Maybe we can hook up sometime during "boating" season.

Wanna fish - Before you add too much horsepower - better check what those 3s can handle.
And another thing to remember - building a blown 572 costs about the same as a blown 502. My humble opinion is that given equal horsepower, the larger cube engine will last longer. Are you going to buy engines, or do them yourself?
btw - not much fishin goin on in the back of a Fountain!
Oh yah - for sure we'll hook up. There are quite a few offshore boats out of St Joe. One guy has 3, yes three, Outerlimits. Each cost him about a million each is what I've heard. I ran with him for a while - he was driving "Full House" at the time. We ran for a few miles at 100+. Then we stopped and chatted for a bit. You should see the paint job on that boat - must have cost $50K. All 46 feet of it was air brushed. 5 poker cards, with naked women as the pix on the cards, with playing cards strategically placed on their bods. Mahvahlous, simply mahvahlous.