• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Life in the United States

dzalphakilo

Banned
This story reminded me of something I'd read in Readers Digest, thus the title...

True story (today as a matter of fact)

Supervisor going over an application for employment for an applicant. Everything looks fine until the section for criminal record. In the space for criminal record, the applicant put down "convicted, possession of a deadly weapon".

The supervisor asks the applicant what "possession of a deadly weapon" meant. The applicants response was... "well, I had a baseball bat, there was one of me against four of them".

Personally, I think the guy should be hired.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Depends - did he start it, or did they?

Needless to say, if he's considered for the job, a police report will be requested.

Amazing how some people can either add on or leave things out from their application. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just take everyone on their word for it?

Then again, even if he did start it, he's smarter than some people.