• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tornado Saturday night.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A tornado hit my neighbor's farm at the end of my road and took out his barn and leveled trees for miles. Hit another house and destroyed it but nobody was home and despite all the destruction no injuries. Was 1.6 miles from my house. Too dang close and the wild part is the warnings had expired almost an hour earlier. It ran for 14 miles and raised and touched down 3 times.
http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/sto...qllHlHJGA.cspx

Attachments

• tornado pics 008.jpg
    tornado pics 008.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 103
  • tornado pics 010.jpg
    tornado pics 010.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 104
  • tornado pics 011.jpg
    tornado pics 011.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 97
  • tornado pics 012.jpg
    tornado pics 012.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 100
  • tornado pics 013.jpg
    tornado pics 013.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 98
  • tornado pics 014.jpg
    tornado pics 014.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 102

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The loafing barn that was added a few years ago survived but it took all the sky light panels off the roof. The road up through that hollow was closed while they cut trees to clear it till Sunday afternoon. It just missed the race track where they were running modifieds but did take out a bunch of trees and corn fields when it touched down about 1/4 mile away.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That sure is to close for comfort. Weird weather. Tornados in places that normally never or rarely have them.

Did you hear it as it passed through. We had one hit a mile from my house a couple years ago and the sky was a weird color (it was night time) and the noise was eery. Those close to it said it sounded like a freight train but all I heard was a whoosh type of sound. I was outside minutes before it hit the neighbors house that is a mile away from me.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing we heard here was the crazy hard rain beating against the windows for about 5 minutes. I had told the wife that folks just west of us were going to get hit hard from the dark clouds that were rolling in. This was after the earlier storm had washed out the satellite right near the end of the race. The power blip had shut down the receiver and also killed the oven while dinner was cooking. Guess when it ripped the lines down going to the old barn and Ronny's mobile home is what tripped it for us for a few minutes. Have not even ventured in my woods yet. Will have the chain saw along when I take the RTV down there as I am sure there will be a few trees to cut.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Too close for comfort. I lived through a small one a few weeks ago. Came right through our campsite. Ripped down awnings. Picked up a guys shed and dumped it in the lake. Very weird weather. I was lucky our camper wasn't in its path. I was in the middle of trying to roll up the awning when it hit. Major rain and hail. Lightning. Terrible winds. Trees getting torn out of the ground. Not fun at all. Only a few of the campers out there ended up with cuts and scrapes from either being pinned under their awnings or getting hit by a tree branch.