• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Storms bring flooding to NE Ohio

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I woke up to my moisture sensor on the basement floor screaming this morning, and found this when I went to the basement. Same thing happened back in 2006 when the storm sewers couldn't handle the volume, and somehow the sanitary lines got involved. I got the test plug into the pipe and started vacuuming up the water. I figured there was about 75 gallons I vacuumed up, so now its off to the store to get a gallon of bleach to sanitize the floor...Mama is fresh out of it in the laundry room. Also need a new wingnut for the plug, as I broke off one side when tightening it. Maybe I'll just buy a new test plug since this one if over 30 years old.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Best keep the vac handy as it looks like more is coming your way. Just now getting over here but a nasty line is strung out across Ohio right now.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
DW just went outside to check her rain gage (5 gallon bucket next to the garage), and measured 4" of water since about 11:30 last night. Because of extreme humidity all week, the ground still had not dried out from the 19 consecutive days of rain we had up to last week. Looks like we're getting some more before it's over.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We were supposed to get heavy rain last evening about dinner time.

They backed the time up and projected it would hit about 11pm.

I heard thunder in the distance about 4am.

At 6am I woke up and see ZERO evidence that we got any rain at all.

Looks like I'll be watering the hostas that I've just planted. I was hoping for rain to cool things off. But when I was out in the yard earlier it was hot and humid. Apparently the storm went to the north of where I live.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We did not get more than about 20 drops at 8am. Now it is just hot and sticky as hell. 78% humidity and 84 degrees. Looks like it all went south of us and sure ain't no cool air here yet.:hammer: Figured I would dig post holes but not with this heat. Should have run the sprinklers this morning.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hit here late afternoon. we were at 90 and dropped to 68. Only rained for 45 minutes or so though. More expected later tonight and in the morning.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We had 3 days of rain but only got 2-1/2" out of it. There were some bad sounding storms to the north and east of us tonight that may be heading your way.