• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bad storm drops temp 22 degrees in 15 minutes

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Also put down almost an inch of rain in that time. Lots of wind and lightning and taking out the satellite signal. Hope it stays cool tonight.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its 101 and sunny here today, I'd settle for a storm, and inch of rain, and a 22 degree temp drop.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Temps dropped 10 degrees this afternoon but no rain, so far. Still muggy with dew points in the 70's.

Worked in the rock garden weeding this afternoon and just about died. Got a slight burn too. Felt it when I took a shower. I'm a dumb ass.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been storming here too all day. Major thunder and rain right now. Tracking a weather cell going along the minnesota border right now that had the potential for possible heavy rains, strong winds, lightning, and tornados. There's a weather alert for the area where our camper is located which is an hr east of here. Everyone urged to stay indoors and take cover.

Today sucked. It was my day to picket again for the strike. Rain or shine we are out there. Today saw 14 of us huddled under two screen tents trying to keep dry in a major downpour and lightning show.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
About 2 minutes after I posted this we lost our internet. Turns out a transformer up near Watkins Glen caught fire and melted the fiber optic and shut down internet all over up here. Don't know if it was hit by lightning or just overloaded in the heat. At least we did not lose power and the a/c kept running. Back into the 90's today and then a big cool down coming. Sunday is only to get to 76 with low humidity.:clap::clap::clap:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
About 2 minutes after I posted this we lost our internet. Turns out a transformer up near Watkins Glen caught fire and melted the fiber optic and shut down internet all over up here. Don't know if it was hit by lightning or just overloaded in the heat. At least we did not lose power and the a/c kept running. Back into the 90's today and then a big cool down coming. Sunday is only to get to 76 with low humidity.:clap::clap::clap:
I can't cool down!!!!!!!! HarryReid is lobbying for gubmit money to put out forest fires caused by global warming (in HIS mind). If it cools off he won't get his suck-ass libtards in the Senate to approve the money.:brows: