• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nasty line of storms almost here.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Warning for high winds, severe storms and flash flooding. The 2 days of back to back gully washers were bad enough. We don't need any more.:hammer: Need to buy a load of stone and clean out to get my little grading tractor out of the extra stall. Been letting the cows have the open door so they can stay cool in this heat. Will have to lock them out and clean up some manure to open the extra stall. The lane is not real bad but needs some work or it will get bad pretty quickly. Hope it does not wash too bad. Folks in Ohio got hammered bad in some areas from this front. The good news is relief from the humid tropical air is also coming behind the storm.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My son is in Ohio, camping in a tent. I'll bet he's not liking this.

I'm trying to get my NOAA warnings on the weather radio. We have tornado, thunderstorm and flash flooding warnings/watches going all over around here.

I'm supposed to take my daughter to the Church in a bit but I was honestly hoping they would cancel based on this weather...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They showed some mean flooding going on in Ohio on Fox a while ago. 3" in less than an hour. Sure don't need that around here. We are saturated now. Town guys have not worked on the dirt roads in 3 weeks. Too much rain and creeks are too high to get rock out of.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we got hit earlier & then that storm passed. another followed; that passed. was kinda violent. namely, storm #1.
thought my windows might shatter, earlier. they're okay.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pittsburgh isn't done yet... Another storm to follow. Tornado warning in effect for Allegheny and Beaver Counties.

We're getting hammered. High winds an a ton of rain.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We were hammered for sure. River was already a mess, now it will be worse. Roads washed out. Flash floods. Crazy weather. With luck it will clear up after the rain predicted tomorrow.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We got hit hard yesterday and again today. Looks like it took out my surge equipment and my desktop. On the back-up laptop for a few days I guess.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw pics of cars covered to their roofs on a major expressway up there in Toronto. Subways were all flooded and shut down. Crazy for sure how much it can dump in an hour like that. Reminds me of Agnes when I was a teen and it just kept pouring for days as the river in Harrisburg kept rising.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The water was down a couple inches by time I took the pics but here goes.

It got a little close to one of my buildings and one of my walking bridges.

Attachments

• CIMG9740.jpg
    CIMG9740.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 78
  • CIMG9741.jpg
    CIMG9741.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 78
  • CIMG9742.jpg
    CIMG9742.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 79
  • CIMG9743.jpg
    CIMG9743.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 78

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More is coming your way.

I lost a nice elm tree. Split vertically today in a violent, but short hail storm.

You'll see that one tomorrow?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just hitting here now. Lots of lightning. rain is light so far.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 76

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill - I see yellow and green. You should be OK.
When it came through here, it was red/black.

I know I have to run a blade over the stone driveway to get rid of the ruts.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So far not too bad. The back to back storms Monday moved my stone around.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Creek went from just about nothing up to more than this. It actually dropped a couple inches by time I got the camera.

Attachments

• CIMG9740.jpg
    CIMG9740.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 72
  • CIMG9741.jpg
    CIMG9741.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 75
  • CIMG9742.jpg
    CIMG9742.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 71

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are finally clearing out and should have nice weather for a week. Hope it dries out enough to finish the hay cutting.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday evening the temps dropped 15 degrees, the humidity vanished and this morning we woke to beautiful blue skies and sunshine. I'm going out shortly to spray some week killer along the roadway, hit the poison ivy patch behind my garage, and a few other spots where weeds have gotten out of control due to the non-stop rain we've been having.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ohio River is up, but still below flood stage. Lots of trash in the river and a very fast current. Checked on it 15 minutes ago and saw a barge broke loose from the tug floating downriver on it's own. Dangerous for sure. Hopefully help will get there to get that barge under control.

Last time that happened it was closer to the dam and caused millions of dollars in damage to home owners and state roads because they had to let the water down so low to get the barge out of where it was stuck in the dam, the river hydraulics that normally hold the river banks in place were gone since the water was lower than ever, so lots of land and roads slipped into the river. It was a mess. This loose barge is about 20 miles north of the dam so it should not cause the same issues as the last one did. But it sure could take out a lot of docks and boats if it drifts to either side of the river.

Edit to add: THANKS Tom. :hide: :yum: