• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you know the power of RAW honey?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Back to topic the honey I beelieve is most valuable is Manuka honey

Vin, did some searching on it. Are you familiar in the use of the is product and can you only buy it online? When I did a search I could only find that you can buy it online and not at a local place?

daedong

Vin, did some searching on it. Are you familiar in the use of the is product and can you only buy it online? When I did a search I could only find that you can buy it online and not at a local place?

All I know my wife has used it in the nursing home.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Back to topic the honey I beelieve is most valuable is Manuka honey

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Manuka+honey

manuka honey (m
500161-fx1.gif
·nōōˑ·k
500161-fx1.gif
huˑ·nē),n honey gathered from flowers of the manuka bush,
Leptospermum scoparium, a wild plant found in New Zealand. The active honey, in the nonpasteurized form, contains a potent antibacterial compound called unique manuka factor (UMF). Manuka honey is used to treat sore throats, skin ulcers, heartburn, peptic ulcers, to fight
Helicobacter pylori bacteria, and as a wound dressing. Also called
active manuka honey.

Absolutely. I believe it is Manuka honey which is being used for hospital applications. There is a ton of data from research doctors in New Zealand re: Manuka Honey. It is Manuka honey being used to treat MRSA wounds.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Absolutely. I believe it is Manuka honey which is being used for hospital applications. There is a ton of data from research doctors in New Zealand re: Manuka Honey. It is Manuka honey being used to treat MRSA wounds.

Citygirl can you buy it a local stores that you know of? I called a few local places and none have ever heard of it? Found some places online but that is it.

murph

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Citygirl can you buy it a local stores that you know of? I called a few local places and none have ever heard of it? Found some places online but that is it.

murph

I am not aware of any stores carrying the product, yet. You can ask your local store managers to see if they can stock it. Might have better luck with a local health food store. They are more likely to be interested in stocking the product. Just a few years ago, I could not find any US sources for Manuka Honey. If I'd have ordered it, I would have had to have it shipped from Australia.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So am I. Unfortunately the heat of this summer blew out my hive down at the ranch. So I BEElive I will hive to buy it at local health stores

I have about two quarts of real raw honey from earlier this summer. It will not make it thru this winter.
I am not a beelkeeper myself,my neighbor is. She took care of my hive along with all of hers. She lost everything to the drought and heat this summer.

I will miss the innoculative effects of local honey on my hay fever allergies next spring.Oh well there is always conventional Pharmacology to fall back on.:doh: