• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does the weather affect your joints ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a few aches and pains that I nurse from my past . I been on a new eating lifestyle and had lost 47 pounds . I been feeling great . So yesterday my wife and I decide to go out to dinner in Reno . It was raining when we left here and clear in Reno . It takes about 1 1/2 hours each way to make the trip . The further I drove the more my shoulder started to ache .By the time I got back home my shoulder was on fire and this morning feels like I been run over by a truck and all my joints are stiff . I figure it must have been the weather change or something .
I am going out in a bit and try to run on the tread mill and see if I can loosen up .
I know I have always liked high heat and humidity the best .I wonder why my joints feel so much better in that kind of climate ??

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Does the weather affect your joints ? The moist warm temps allow muscles to stretch and loosen up. It is always good therapy for a warm moist cloth to be applied to sore muscles.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yes weather effect my joints. I feel every place I've ever been injured from a crushed face, hands, feet and ribs though I've never injured a knee or hip so that is a plus I guess. It didn't bother me too much when I lived in South Florida but now that I live in Kentucky I notice it more though it could be I'm just getting older also. It doesn't bother me enough though that I take any kind of medication for it as I've just learned to live with it.

Treefriend

Banned
I have wondered that when I get an unexplained twinge but there is no

way for me to know because I have taken so many falls, been in so many

crashes and done a few plain stupid things where I tweaked things that I

have had random stabs of pain and dull aches since I was 19.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have wondered that when I get an unexplained twinge but there is no

way for me to know because I have taken so many falls, been in so many

crashes and done a few plain stupid things where I tweaked things that I

have had random stabs of pain and dull aches since I was 19.

Your not that old, wait until you get to that 50 mark.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Does the weather affect your joints ? Yep, It makes them hard to light!!:yum::yum:

D

darroll

No,
I'm probably the oldest guy on this site.
I do see a pain in the ass once in awile.
Maybe they have aches and pains.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Jealous much? :whistling:

Not really . Nevada County has some of the best grown Pot in sunny California . We got more than happy cows here !!!! :brows: About $3400 - $4000 a ounce . Not bad for for a bunch of losers .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not really . Nevada County has some of the best grown Pot in sunny California . We got more than happy cows here !!!! :brows: About $3400 - $4000 a ounce . Not bad for for a bunch of losers .
Hillbilly weed is the way to go, if you must know-- which I know nothing about..:whistling:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back to the topic.......does the weather affect my joints?

You bet it does. I can predict the weather quicker than the weather bureau. I can always tell when there's going to be a major weather change. I can barely lift my left arm(old motorcycle accident) and I think cutting my right foot off with a hacksaw would probably be less painful(that's what happens when a 14,000lb forklift with solid rubber tires climbs the back of your ankle making your toes touch your leg)

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
All the good jokes about weed have been taken.
So I'll go back to this:
It takes about 1 1/2 hours each way to make the trip

1.5+1.5=3. A three hour drive for dinner?

WT? No wonder you ache! Should have lit a joint on the way. :whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I ache more in hot/humid summer weather than I do in the cold and dry.
Bring it on 50.
I've got Aleve!

Al, I was joking about the weed thing, btw..
I think........ my memory...... is fading a little...:wink:

SShepherd

I ache more in hot/humid summer weather than I do in the cold and dry.
Bring it on 50.
I've got Aleve!

Al, I was joking about the weed thing, btw..
I think........ my memory...... is fading a little...:wink:

wow, I'm the opposite. From years of breaking things with my hands, feet, hyperextending my knees-- the hot humid weather makes me feel great. Cold= bad for me, I also notice when a storm is coming (barametric pressure changes) because my knuckles really ache

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
wow, I'm the opposite.
I also notice when a storm is coming (barametric pressure changes) because my knuckles really ache
Like I said, when hot/humid weather approaches ie/storms.. I notice the same.

Al, I don't smoke weed.:hammer:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I also notices when living in Florida, which is hot and humid that I could feel storms coming on before they even started to show. Other than that Cold is really though on me especially if it is damp or windy. I ache from head to toe that is if it is a day I can feel my feet.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Use to laugh at the old farts telling me they could "Feel" the weather changing in their joints...

Blew out my knee and had it operated some years back, didn't heal just right and now I can tell a storm two days out, maybe three at times....

When the Barometric pressure changes, it makes the joints ache pretty well!

D

darroll

It sure affects my wife.
It doesn't bother me.
It's still winter in Oregon

loboloco

Cold weather or really wet weather drives me nuts. Knees, elbows, fingers and one ankle. No shoulder pain yet, but I'm anticipating that in a few years.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Injuries that "healed" over 30 years ago are starting to come back. Does that count? Motocross racing was by far the hardest on me. I never bought a dirt bike for my kids for that reason. What's up with these "healed" injuries coming back decades later?! You having any of that Al?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not Al but they have sure come back for me. Broke about every bone in my body over the years with the few exceptions of hips, upper legs and knees and feel every one almost daily now regardless of the weather. Now bad weather coming it does raise a level or two until it is upon us then it is at its worse. So you youngsters out there be prepared, getting old can be a bit painful to excruciating depending on how stupid you are now. I tended to think I was super man and now paying the price big time. :whistling:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What's up with these "healed" injuries coming back decades later?! You having any of that Al?

Oh Yea ...
I played some pretty serious college football and got beat up pretty good . I should have stayed in the grandstands .I walk with a limp now .

I love staying at my Idaho Ranch , but I also know I cannot handle the winters there as it kills my joints , back and knee .

I even have had problems since returning to California from Panama with my shoulder and its been pretty mild weather other than a few rain storms here .
Losing a few pounds has helpped , but I still think my days are numbered in Idaho as the cold just seems to brother to more now .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing the cold bothers is the screws in my head. The rest just hurt almost all the time. Like right now my shoulder is throbbing cause I leaned over to get a box of strawberries the Amish kids gave me off the passenger floor of the car. Hate having to run around and open the door to reach with my left arm. Can't say the rain or lack of makes it any worse.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The only thing the cold bothers is the screws in my head. The rest just hurt almost all the time. Like right now my shoulder is throbbing cause I leaned over to get a box of strawberries the Amish kids gave me off the passenger floor of the car. Hate having to run around and open the door to reach with my left arm. Can't say the rain or lack of makes it any worse.

So how is the rotator cuff repair doing ??

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hurts like a toothache most of the time. Go back in 10 days to the surgeon. Can't sleep worth a damn. Take pain pills and get about 1-2 hours sleep if any. Get almost as much rest sitting up till I fall over and wake up in pain.Heart doc keeps saying to elevate my legs and that makes the shoulder throb after about an hour or so. Wearing support stockings every day to keep fluids down.:hammer: