• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why I eat Butter

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Currently, I eat some butter and some margarine. This give me reason to change to all butter.

Attachments

• Butter.jpg
    Butter.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 157

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Currently, I eat some butter and some margarine. This give me reason to change to all butter.

When French chemists first created margarine, it was to feed to geese to make goose liver pâté' The geese died. So Napoleon fed the crap to his troops. It turns out that margarine is one molecule away from being "plastic.!' ONE big reason not to consume it,,,; margarine needs no refrigeration.

Butter OTOH does.

When my wife and I married, we both came from poor households that ate Margarine. We agreed, it would never be on our table.

Fifty years later we are both healthy and it, margarine, has never sat in at our dinner.

I cook almost exclusively with butter and olive oils. Better than a pound a week of the creamy yellow gift from God. Oddly, I don't put it on my bread.

I place margerine in the same category as Fructose' Not fit for human consumption.

Bannedjoe

When French chemists first created margarine, it was to feed to geese to make goose liver pâté' The geese died. So Napoleon fed the crap to his troops. It turns out that margarine is one molecule away from being "plastic.!' ONE big reason not to consume it,,,; margarine needs no refrigeration.

Butter OTOH does.

When my wife and I married, we both came from poor households that ate Margarine. We agreed, it would never be on our table.

Fifty years later we are both healthy and it, margarine, has never sat in at our dinner.

I cook almost exclusively with butter and olive oils. Better than a pound a week of the creamy yellow gift from God. Oddly, I don't put it on my bread.

I place margarine in the same category as Fructose' Not fit for human consumption.
We really should go even further and add things like aspartame, saccharine, and anything thing else that isn't what it's pretending to be.

And screw those assholes who try to make turkey into bacon while we're at it. :moon:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We really should go even further and add things like aspartame, saccharine, and anything thing else that isn't what it's pretending to be.

And screw those assholes who try to make turkey into bacon while we're at it. :moon:

Like Franc, I grew up in a poor household. We ate margarine. My father used to call it "butter's brother". Sorry dad, not even close but a good try at convincing me. When I got out on my own margarine never graced my table again. That has been 50 years now and no regrets what-so-ever.

Joe, I'm no fan of turkey bacon but when I worked in Egypt it was all that we could get for breakfast. For the lack of anything else that came anywhere close to the real thing I got to tolerate it and ate it every morning. When I landed in Frankfurt on the way home my first stop was at any restaurant that served an "English Breakfast". Oh! I used to savor every bite.

Bannedjoe

Like Franc, I grew up in a poor household. We ate margarine. My father used to call it "butter's brother". Sorry dad, not even close but a good try at convincing me. When I got out on my own margarine never graced my table again. That has been 50 years now and no regrets what-so-ever.

Joe, I'm no fan of turkey bacon but when I worked in Egypt it was all that we could get for breakfast. For the lack of anything else that came anywhere close to the real thing I got to tolerate it and ate it every morning. When I landed in Frankfurt on the way home my first stop was at any restaurant that served an "English Breakfast". Oh! I used to savor every bite.

Oh the turkey bacon thing was more of a joke really.

But it seems that trying to make food out stuff that isn't, or shouldn't be, can't possibly be any good for us.
Also the other things like poisoning pubic drinking water with fluoride and chlorine can't be good either.

It's not natural, and it's not right.
I'm certain that many of these things can be traced back to the start of many health and cancer problems.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I grew up during WW II. By no means wealthy. Butter was both out of our budget and not always available. Anybody else remember the white margarine that came in a plastic bag with a color capsule that you massaged into the margarine with your hands? We ate what we grew, caught, or shot.

I'm 81, still buy very little that comes in a box. Salt nothing. Haven't seen margarine or Crisco in decades, and have run up a lifetime drug bill of less than a hundred bucks. I'll stick with my plan for 15 or so more years.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I grew up during WW II. By no means wealthy. Butter was both out of our budget and not always available. Anybody else remember the white margarine that came in a plastic bag with a color capsule that you massaged into the margarine with your hands?

I'm 81, still buy very little that comes in a box. Salt nothing. Haven't seen margarine or Crisco in decades, and have run up a lifetime drug bill of less than a hundred bucks. I'll stick with my plan for 15 or so more years.
I'm 72 and have spent a little more than you on pharmaceuticals. Yes, I do remember the white sh!t.
I have a box of salt that has the price of 19 cents hand stamped on it. No bar codes. About half gone, we use it for company.

Crisco make a great "lubricant" We use it in our food grade processing equipment. But not at home.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Back in the day my fathers home town was just a few miles from the Minnesota border and a gas station capitalized on the white margarine with the yellow tablet for color..
In Iowa we could buy the already colored Varity, but not so in Minnesota. The station owner rented a semi trailer full of colored margarine, and sold tons of this to people coming over the border for "color" margarine. This went on for quite a number of years. Fill you car with gas and bring home the colored substitute in one trip...
Years later I introduced my college fraternity members to the real stuff one morning unannounced. It was amazing the positive reaction real butter got, as many had never had it, ever.... poor kids..
I hate margarine in anything...

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We switched to butter a few years ago but still keep a tub of margarine at camp as it keeps longer. But it sits unused as nobody else wants to use it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
And don't forget cooking!!!! I know that extra virgin olive oil is trendy these days and we use it a lot but there are some things that just taste better when cooked in butter.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
And don't forget cooking!!!! I know that extra virgin olive oil is trendy these days and we use it a lot but there are some things that just taste better when cooked in butter.

Here's a hint you may already know..;
One thick pat of butter in 1/4 cup of olive oil will give you that all butter taste.

Until it is turned into margarine, there is nothing wrong with vegetable oil. It can be heated higher (for deep frying) than olive oil. And canola is lower in saturated fats. I use it sparingly and almost always add,,,;Butter.