• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need your advice ~~ RE: Smoking

American Woman

Site Supporter
Probably had something to do with it.

But I was kind-of thinking they came up with John Wayne movies from watching people like me.:thumb:
:yum: :yum: OK!!!! he does have a sense of humor!!!!

I talked to a man last week who was telling me about being in the service and coming back home with a desease that caused him to loose a whole lung. He was in his early 20's. So this man had one lung and he was a smoker. He was saying he wanted to start next week trying to quit. He couldn't quit at the time because he just a carton. Now here's the kicker....he's 90 years old!!
One lung and a smoker since he was a teen.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If he is, or has become a chain smoker, he could be smoking too much.
But to stop smoking, after smoking many years, might not be good either.

Our cells become less able to do their best, more each year. This includes the cells of the digestive tract. This means you become more like "Native Americans that had a more exclusive maize diet", each year as you age.

Man has learned to change the poison that the plants produce to defend themselves against predators into required vitamins/substances by oxidation. This fact becomes obvious to anyone taking the time to learn it. It is not something I came up with. It is well-documented.

The books say when you oxidation nicotine you get a vitamin. The pharmaceutical companies were not an option in the past. There is a lot of evidence indicating the symptoms associated with a deficiency of niacin, are diminished in the smoker. I think that's evidence the smoker is getting niacin.

NIACIN = Nicotinic acid- Biochem. A colorless, water soluble compound, C6 H5 NO2, prepared by the oxidation of nicotine and forming part of the vitamin B complex, used to prevent pellagra.

PELLAGRA - PATHOL. A disease characterized by gastric disturbance,
skin eruptions, etc..., caused by a deficiency of nicotinic acid.

Not only is a smoker getting a required vitamin, but through the exercise of smoking he boosts his red blood cell count which allows the transfer of needed elements at a higher rate. During the act of smoking, the body senses a lack of oxygen like if you went up into the mountains, and calls for more red blood cells. Hindus have an exercise where they hold your breath to accomplish this.

Yet this goes unmentioned in the smoking debates.

Its just hard to except the behavior of so-called educated doctors, when the facts become known.

So from the study of the facts, some old, some new, one can see, that to smoke is another way to keep the doctor away. But its the goal of the AMA to raise the doctors pay. And as our ancestors have implied by smoking, if you want it done right, do it yourself.

~ SMOKING - USE IT - DON'T ABUSE IT ~
I don't think we're talking about Mary Jane here, AJ.:smileywac
I can't believe what I read up there ^^

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't think we're talking about Mary Jane here, AJ.:smileywac
I can't believe what I read up there ^^

The content or that he posted it?

I don't believe a word he pastes, but I am NOT shocked he puts it here...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The content or that he posted it?

I don't believe a word he pastes, but I am NOT shocked he puts it here...

saf47faa9649968f.gif

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
My husband is a chain smoker.Could you please give him an advice to stop this.
i tried but couldn't .
Thanks

Have you and your children go up to him and give him a group hug and tell him goodbye...

That will confuse him and he will ask why. Then tell him that since he is smoking he will die much sooner and you wanted to tell him before he goes in case you don't have the time later.

That will make him think a bit harder of what he is going to miss and give him some motive of a reason to quit.

mark_1

Banned
no matter what you try to do to stop him, he will not stop untill he himself decide to stop! you should try convice him to stop by talking to him about its effect on the relation and also in the family! if he cares then he will surely give it a thought! and as soon as he start giving it a thought, continue to talk to him about until he feels guilty, i am sure that with your support he will be able to stop!