• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Flu

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone else had to deal with the FLU this year? Symptoms started last Weds, today has been the absolute worse. Looked online to read a little about it and they are saying it can last for two weeks. NOOOOOO.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been able to dodge the bullet so far, but almost everyone I know has it or is just getting over it. From what I understand, it is a rough one. I've been trying to limit my time in public and hitting any stores early in the morning but there is only so much one can do. Last time I had the flu I lost 7 days of work and the wife had to lock all the guns in the safe.:yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Our doctor, a friend, was talking to my wife and found out that I hadn't had a flu shot. She called me and told me to get one immediately or she would do irreparable harm to me. If you knew my doctor you'd understand. She's not a woman to be trifled with. Anyhow, I got my shot two weeks ago so, and since it takes two weeks to be fully effective, I'm good to go. I'm told that the vaccine is only about 30% effective against the strain going around this year but it does alleviate the symptoms somewhat if you do catch it. We'll see.

Basically, for the past two or three weeks or so, I've been sitting up on my little hill and avoiding people as much as I can. Just about everybody I know has caught it and they tell me that it is not pleasant. To heck with it, flu shot or not, I may just continue to sit up on my little hill and watch the world go bye. I don't think that I'm missing out on much.

BTW Doc, get better soon. Do everything the doctor tells you to do.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got the flu shot. My wife did not. We both got the flu. Mine is worse than hers. So I do not think the shot helped even a little.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Neither of us has had a flu shot for years. I attribute neither getting the flu to taking 1,000mg vit C pills daily, AND no overuse of antibacterial products.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I got a flu shot. Free and I got a 10% off coupon for the local supermarket. :thumbup: Then the other day i jammed a nail in my hand and my wife made me go to the doctors and get a tetanus shot. That waiting room was overflowing with sick people. I touched nothing, tried to hold my breath and took a bath in that anti bacterial hand stuff. So far, so good. :yum:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I got a flu shot. Free and I got a 10% off coupon for the local supermarket. :thumbup: Then the other day i jammed a nail in my hand and my wife made me go to the doctors and get a tetanus shot. That waiting room was overflowing with sick people. I touched nothing, tried to hold my breath and took a bath in that anti bacterial hand stuff. So far, so good. :yum:

Maybe should have requested a surgical mask.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe should have requested a surgical mask.
Mike

I thought of that, but there was an area near the coffee machine (which I did not touch!!) away from people so I stood there for 20 minutes or so until they called my name. LOL. That was last Friday so hopefully I am golden by now.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
got that flu-- & that admission w/ meh food & not-my-usual television shows--

Last edited: