• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wow, Photobucket sucks!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just noticed while browsing the cooking forum that many of my recent pictures were missing because of 3rd party hosting baloney.

So in other words, now you have to pay to have it in order to share images.
Direct posting from documents will have to be the way to go in future.

Bye bye Photoracket lol

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I've used windows powertoys picture resizer for years and have had very good luck with it. Not that I have any pics to be ashamed of but my understanding of most online photo storage sites is your pics become their property.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've used windows powertoys picture resizer for years and have had very good luck with it. Not that I have any pics to be ashamed of but my understanding of most online photo storage sites is your pics become their property.
Mike
That is my understanding also.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike
It'll be a time consuming task, but I'll have to go through all the albums and save what is most important to my personal documents.

I am happy this forum has the attachment option for sharing directly.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It'll be a time consuming task, but I'll have to go through all the albums and save what is most important to my personal documents.

I am happy this forum has the attachment option for sharing directly.

Thanks PG. :tiphat: Storing all the pics does add to my server expense but I feel it is a necessary ...without that you are depending on someone else like photobucket to offer the service and when they change their terms the forum viability can be dramatically impacted. I prefer to keep as much as I can 'in house'.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks PG. :tiphat: Storing all the pics does add to my server expense but I feel it is a necessary ...without that you are depending on someone else like photobucket to offer the service and when they change their terms the forum viability can be dramatically impacted. I prefer to keep as much as I can 'in house'.

:thumb:

I've had issues with tinypic before as well, like posting a photo of something, then next thing you know it's replaced with a random picture.
That happened last year and I was wondering where the heck it came from.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Something from the consumer end.

If I see an attachment that says "photobucket", I don't even try to open it. Living out in the country with a slow internet connection, Photobucket takes forever to open. Sitting and waiting for sometimes over 5 minutes for a picture to open is just not worth it. It takes ages to connect to Photobucket and then you have to wait for all the advertisements to load before it tries to open the picture in question. Sorry, I don't have that much patience.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Something from the consumer end.

If I see an attachment that says "photobucket", I don't even try to open it. Living out in the country with a slow internet connection, Photobucket takes forever to open. Sitting and waiting for sometimes over 5 minutes for a picture to open is just not worth it. It takes ages to connect to Photobucket and then you have to wait for all the advertisements to load before it tries to open the picture in question. Sorry, I don't have that much patience.

:agree: I'm guilty of that also, especially when my connection speed was slower. Now I have the speed but rarely leave any site to view a photobucket pic. The once in a while when I did try to open photobucket it was more frustrating than it was worth. No thanks.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I've always used the attachment feature when posting pics here. Very easy to do and I like easy.

As for Photobucket, they have changed a lot since I first started using them back in the day. Most of the changes not so good.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have paid for the advertisement free photobucket for years. it really isn't adv free.
I got excuses like. ""it isn't on the same page" but it shows on the same screen. I would really like to see their definition of advertisement.
I am sent advertisement email by them and try to stop it. I figured advertisement free would include that.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Andy/Adillo303 gave instructions on another way to post images without a host, on the cooking forum.
WOW, the things you learn after all these years lol

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Andy/Adillo303 gave instructions on another way to post images without a host, on the cooking forum.
WOW, the things you learn after all these years lol

Every day I learn something. Somedays more then one thing even. :yum: The problem is, the older one gets, the harder it becomes to retain all that new stuff.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow I just check my photobucket, and yes it really does suck!! :unsure:

It was getting worse the last time I was there. Looks pretty much not useable now. Download time for an album is measured in hours. :hammer:

I would delete my account, but from how it looks it might take days. :hammer:

Regards, Kirk