• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who has a FAX Machine?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Twice now from different Doctors. I have been asked to FAX them things.

The first time I wanted my records sent to a new Dr.
My old Dr. demanded that I "FAX" him my request.
That time I think he was just being an A Hole because I was changing to a new neurologist. (Because I don't like him.)
That time I bummed a ride and went to his office to get them instead.

This time:
This Dr. (Ear nose and throat not a neurologist like before), has a "Patient Portal."
I know that when ever I go to a different Dr. they want medical info. So I emailed them about having a place there to put down that info.

I got this in reply :
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It would be easier to fax them to us. Make sure your name is on this list and then fax to 602-956-3901 and we will put the list in your patient record.[/FONT] [/FONT]

I am not a business. I am just a patient.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure you can email your fax to them. That's how I've done it before ...or you look for a fax service online..free. and upload your request then an they forward it to your doc. My issue with that would be if personal / private info is part of the request.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I ended up doing it a different way but I was just curious how prevalent it is now for people to own a FAX machine?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a multifunction machine, like many others here. It has a FAX machine function built in.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a multifunction machine, like many others here. It has a FAX machine function built in.

I'm like Melensdad, although the one on my computer isn't connected to a phone line. The phone over in the "office" is bluetooth connected to the home phone. My wife's computer, over in the house, is hard wired so we could send a fax from there but nobody has sent me one in years. If I needed to send one from here I suppose that I could scan it and email it to my wife and let her send it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A pure fax machine,,,; not hardly. Copier/fax/printers?,,, I have several. They make good copiers and back up printers from you computer as well. So, there is no reason not to have one in a home office.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember back in the early nineties being scolded by a customer because I did not have a FAX machine. True story.

But then we didn't have a computer in the office until 1992.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang, I feel old school. Not only do I have a fax (MFC), until recently, I also had a dedicated fax phone # to my home office. Dropped the fax # as we no longer really need 3 land-lines in the house.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here at the office we no longer have any fax machines. Everything has been converted to electronic fax through our computers.

But I do have an unopened case of 6 rolls of thermal fax paper. LOL

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Dang, I feel old school. Not only do I have a fax (MFC), until recently, I also had a dedicated fax phone # to my home office. Dropped the fax # as we no longer really need 3 land-lines in the house.

Don't feel too bad. When we first moved out to the country we had a dedicated land line for dial-up and the fax. Got rid of the land line and the fax a number of years ago.