• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for SSL certificate provider HELP

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems many folks see an 'unsafe' message when coming to my websites. I have not purchased a SSL certificate for any of my websites. Email fails, and people do not feel safe since the warnings wil pop up randomly. I see them most on my mail server but at least one user said he saw the message on another of my forums.

Do we have anyone in the know about SSL, and who would be a good cheap provider that I could count on. As a consumer I'm concerned if it's to cheap but I do hope I can procure certs for less than the $895 per domain that I saw from Verisign. I have seen certs for less than 100 per domain. Some sell for 5 domains for around $200. Sounds perfect. But how do I know it's a good provider that won't screw things up.

Any input appreciated. I have avoided this issue about as long as I can. I hate the extra cost but it seems a necessity at this point.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I run windows 10 and a malware and haven't had any warning.

When I tried using Firefox for this forum and netcookingtalk, it would block me and say the connection was unsafe.

Deleted it from my programs and am using Edge as the only browser and Bing for search.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Everyone should be using SSL(https) as much as possible. It's a simple step towards preserving a little bit of your privacy.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I tried using Firefox for this forum and netcookingtalk, it would block me and say the connection was unsafe.

Deleted it from my programs and am using Edge as the only browser and Bing for search.

Very interesting. I also use Firefox and have never seen that message. Bob

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I am using McAfee LiveSafe.
that's a good one, one of the better anti virus pgms. I moved to this on a couple of my puters.

there are also settings inside each browser under options you'll see security. Those are the settings I was thinking are most likely different for you and users with firefox not getting the warning.