• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

what's your internet speed ??

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
9 Mbps Download
1 Mbps Upload

It was about 5 Mbps Download but still roughly 1 Mbps Upload but I recently upgraded my service from the $64/month plan to this faster plan. I was pretty happy with the old plan but we did experience buffering and slow load times on some websites.

Still my internet is just slightly faster than an Amish buggy. I'm 5-6 miles outside of a small town. My internet is a wide area wi-fi signal from a line of sight tower that is so far away I can't see it, but the antenna on my rooftop can see the tower. I'm luckier than the neighbors who live on our rural road; my house sits on top of a ridgeline and has that tower view. Most of the neighbors have slower internet than I do, only a few of us have line of sight to that tower.

$84/month. It is pretty reliable. When it goes out they tend to get it back up pretty fast and the service people have been very responsive.

A guy on the other side of the creek has Star-Link, it originally cost him $500 for equipment and $99/month. He got it about 6 months ago. It was blazing fast. But he's complained a few times about it, and apparently the monthly fee has gone up too?

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
9 Mbps Download
1 Mbps Upload

It was about 5 Mbps Download but still roughly 1 Mbps Upload but I recently upgraded my service from the $64/month plan to this faster plan. I was pretty happy with the old plan but we did experience buffering and slow load times on some websites.

Still my internet is just slightly faster than an Amish buggy. I'm 5-6 miles outside of a small town. My internet is a wide area wi-fi signal from a line of sight tower that is so far away I can't see it, but the antenna on my rooftop can see the tower. I'm luckier than the neighbors who live on our rural road; my house sits on top of a ridgeline and has that tower view. Most of the neighbors have slower internet than I do, only a few of us have line of sight to that tower.

$84/month. It is pretty reliable. When it goes out they tend to get it back up pretty fast and the service people have been very responsive.

A guy on the other side of the creek has Star-Link, it originally cost him $500 for equipment and $99/month. He got it about 6 months ago. It was blazing fast. But he's complained a few times about it, and apparently the monthly fee has gone up too?
Wow, I feel very fortunate to live so far out and still have cable service. Our son is two miles away as the crow flies and no cable internet. Most out here do not have the option. Not sure how I got so lucky but I am sure thankful.

I read of cell providers moving into the internet field especially with 5g in so many areas (not here). If you have decent cell phone signal you might be close to getting faster internet.