• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's up with FedEx and UPS?

k-dog

I am sick and tired of ordering stuff and being told it is being shipped UPS or FedEx and then get notification it is delivered and they just delivered it to post office and have them deliver it. I paid for FedEx or ups and they should deliver it. This really causes a pain for my parents when they order something as they have a PO Box for mail but then use their street address for FedEx. I guess the post office found some way to screw with reliable service of other companies. You sign up for the tracking and it gives you the date and then you get notification that it is delivered and they don't bother to tell you they sent it to the post office.

Ok I feel a little better now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
UPS is real good around here. Fedex dropped a printer/fax machine in my driveway a few years back. Lets just say they understand where I live and they come to the door now. The mail lady does good also even though I have a big mailbox. She knows that certain meds don't get left down at the road and comes right to the house. You need to raise hell with them and they will deliver it to your door.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
UPS call the service "Basic" - basically they handle all the logistics except the local delivery. I suspect for smaller packages they are saving money. If you see "UPS Basic" in the tracking info then it's going to the Post Office.

Same with Fedex but I can't remember what they call the service.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i know, k-dog. i saw a delivery guy @ the bar having a drink recently. while on the job. they toss my stuff onto the porch, rather than deliver to my place. i lodge complaints.
they put other ppl's mail on my mailbox hinges. as if my job is to distribute thier mail to them. um, uh-uh. not my job to deliver thier mail. yet, i hafta.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
btw, cell phones 'disappeared'. until we made a human door, & :w00t2:, suddenly, the 1 phone i was told was delivered- gasp!- appeared from the delivery guy. he 'found' my 1 phone very quickly. well after the post office said that was 'delivered'. hm.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, I'm not pleased about this. Post Office forgets to put a slip in your box and there you are wondering where stuff IS !!!!

I sent a friend in Florida a Christmas wreath. Normal shipping was $18 to get it there in 8 days ( pretty slow ...) The next least expensive option was $88 to get it there in 7 days. Ya, only $70 to shave a day (12.7% of the time quote ) off. What a deal :rolleyes:

grizzer

May have something to do with secondary & tertiary routes. The FEDEX guy dumps a bunch of packages off in town small PO, but I get direct delivery as I am on a main hwy between towns.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
UPS used to throw small stuff that didn't need a sig. in my big mailbox down at the road. After he got stuck in the snow and I pulled him out and plowed about 1 mile of town road he comes up to the house every time. My 3/4 mile lane is always cleaner than the roads around here.

k-dog

UPS call the service "Basic" - basically they handle all the logistics except the local delivery. I suspect for smaller packages they are saving money. If you see "UPS Basic" in the tracking info then it's going to the Post Office.

Same with Fedex but I can't remember what they call the service.

This must be the crap that I'm dealing with. The actual FedEx, UPS and mailman are all great and provide awesome service. This crap must be something from headquarters and the actual delivery guys don't have anything to do with. The old UPS guy always went the extra little bit like bagging the stuff up if it looked like rain and no one was home. The new UPS driver is ok but he's all ready thrown one package at my door step in the pouring rain.

I checked the status online of my order and it said it was delivered to my town and I'm only a couple of miles from Post Office so my wife goes to pick it up instead of waiting on them tomorrow. When she gets there they tell her it was delivered electronically but the item isn't there yet. This baffles me as the routing info shows all the various stops and shows it as delivered to my town. So if it was just paperwork being sent electronically, then why would it show all the other stops. Lesson learned that FedEx and UPS are taking lessons from gov't which means they won't stay in business long. I think I will let the sellers know what I think of the shipping methods as well as FedEx and UPS.