• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You too! I'm definitely feeling it the past few days. I was at the church for 7 hours yesterday between setting up upstairs and playing the evening service to working the fish fry.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ate too much!
The church was small, the service was all in Spanish and LOUD.
My 3 babies. :smile:
Random photos.
20190421_140915-768x768.jpg

20190421_131239-768x768.jpg

20190421_121638-768x768.jpg

20190421_161450.jpg

Maddie_1555874987207.jpg

Elaina 1555874992035.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had the usual packed house of 2fers. You know....the ones who only go at Christmas and Easter and don't go to church any other time. It was a good service though. We make a big deal out of Easter with a quartet of horns accompanying the organ along with a choir double the size of what we normally have. My lovely wife crocheyed 50 small crosses a few weeks back to give to all the kids attending. Our service was streamed live on Facebook for people all over the world.

After the service a well deserved nap was in order. About mid afternoon, I decided that I wanted the flatdeck trailer in town so I took a drive to camp to get it. Most of the snow is now melted but the ground is still very wet out there.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to be hurting tomorrow but I managed to get something done. Since we moved in here 6 years ago, I've been wanting to replace the stairs to the back deck that back out onto the driveway. My accident kinda got in the way of that. But I finally tore out the stairs and replaced them. They never sat right. Whoever built them originally left a 2 inch gap between the risers and the driveway. I had them blocked up to support them but that added an extra 2 inches to the bottom step.

So, after a trip to lowes for some wood, I got to work. Here's the before and after.

f6d0fb96e71e740c9cd771676ec1774f.jpg
125969873fe6b6bb57afc48b3b769ed6.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been busy cleaning and cooking, then took a walk down to the park and back.
It's beautiful outside.
Now I'm ready to tackle the coming week at work.
I'll leave my deck of cards at home.
2rofl.gif

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning!
It's already 66°outside and beautiful.
Had a fab night at work.
No card games, however I did use my phone to play the trivia on here at 3am lol
Hope you all have a good day.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was at a customer yesterday who hires handicapped as their business model. They have a Thrift store I always checkout. Bought a Kensington 15 speed bike for $25.00.

Other than a small barely noticeable crack in the seat, perfect condition. I haven't been on a bike for decades. It's true, one never forgets how.

So my Grandson and I went bike riding last night for about three hours.

Today, every muscle in my body is complaining. Whilst I do remember how to ride, I don't remember that part.

abad9f643262469e96ecabd79a95f49a.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Couple of appointments this morning. Our youngest son is sick. I spent the afternoon in the garage cleaning up. Who knew! There's a floor in there. I can almost drive a vehicle in now. Almost. Not quite. Lol.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We got up early, drove to Bloomington, IN to visit Melen at school. Had lunch. Hung out a bit. Took her to the grocery store. Drove home.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gym this morning then a trip to camp. Going back to see the house this afternoon. Home inspection today.

Canadian eh!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Participating in a small memorial golf outing for a close friend who passed last month.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got some good deep sleep.
Was going to accompany the crowd on an outing this afternoon, but they didn't need me.
Here's my man!
4 months ago he could barely do anything.
Rehab works!
:thumbup: Jake20190424_150749.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1 - totally failed in my attempt to fix our little Yamaha side-by-side. Replaced the battery. Messed with everything I could reach without getting my knuckles bloodier than necessary. No horn. No power to the starter. No lights. But the back up alarm sounds. Batter is 100% on the tester. Only bloodied 2 of my fingers.

2 - went to look at another flip house. Way too far gone for me to mess with it. Looks like its ready to tumble now. We bought one a couple days ago too.

3 - fencing club tonight for an hour or two

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got home from the house inspection. A few minor problems in the house but no deal breaker. The biggest issue was the well. It's a drilled well 220 ft deep. The return pressure wasn't what it needed to be. Could be because it hasn't been used in 7 months. The owner was there and already had a call in to a drilling company. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My first hubby and I were home searching after he was discharged from the Navy.
Through a VA loan.
They were very picky.
The home was in the country and the well was shared with the people next to it.
They didn't like that, nor the fact that the downstairs half bath was adjacent to the kitchen.
Good thing we never got that house, as the one we ended up getting was perfect for raising our sons near the schools etc.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
First time I stopped longer than 5 minutes today. Went to the gym. Picked up some lag bolts for the steps I built the other day. I had them fastened to the deck with screws as that's what I had. So I returned home and immediately went to work swapping out 28 screws with 28 lag bolts. I got halfway done then headed to physio. After physio she who must be obeyed and I headed out furniture shopping for the new house. We haven't bought anything yet. Just getting ideas

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
42 degrees and raining ice pellets. :hammer: Yesterday was 66 degrees and sunny.

I ran errands today, including grocery shopping. I hit up my favorite Italian specialty shop and will have some cheese and spinach stuffed ravioli for dinner tonite. :thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Leaving for Defiance in an hour for a dinner date with the granddarlings.
I've got a booth reserved at Applebee's.
Apparently Maddie has some flowers for me.
Dandelions. :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We did applebees on Wednesday. Good deal. Kids under 12 eat for $4. Not often we get out as a family for a meal as there's 8 of us. So half ate for $16 total.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We did applebees on Wednesday. Good deal. Kids under 12 eat for $4. Not often we get out as a family for a meal as there's 8 of us. So half ate for $16 total.

Canadian eh!!!
Lol
I spent a little over $40 on my meal and 2 kids menu meals.
Then they thought we were going someplace to get toys.
I said no no no.
Y'all ain't getting toys every time I come to see you.:yum:
I'm beat!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So far I went to the store for some sealant then crawled up on the roof of the truck camper and resealed the middle joining seam. I also reinforced the roof to prevent flexing which always caused to sealant to crack and leak. I only use it once a year to head up fishing the third weekend in may. I'm still going this year despite a moving date the following weekend.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Slept in today. Don't know why just did.

It's raining so outside work is postponed. But I have a ton of honey do's on the inside.

Sun just peeked out at 2:00 so maybe I'll tackle what is left of the old fence. Can I get Cathy Gifford to come by and help?:unsure:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hurtin. But still managed to drag my butt out of bed and went to church this morning. Just got home and the plan for the afternoon includes my chair, heated vest and blanket and a TV. Lol

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
She who must be obeyed dragged me out to the store to check out a few sale items. I walked out with a new 20 gallon air compressor and a 21ft extension ladder. My reasoning was that a bigger garage would require a bigger air compressor.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to our Godson's house to help out his parents with a remodeling project. They took us out to breakfast afterwards.

They also got a new puppy.

It has razor sharp teeth.

It bit me. A lot.

Oh, and FWIW, these photos were uploaded from my computer and were properly oriented when I uploaded them to the FF website. I don't know why 2 of them are tipped on their side.

Attachments

• De36IDEeQgq4LwwGshVoRA.jpg
    De36IDEeQgq4LwwGshVoRA.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 63
  • irbs9+h%TQ6eI76fDGKIWA.jpg
    irbs9+h%TQ6eI76fDGKIWA.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 5taI8J8UTBuo2Mo0aZr3+A.jpg
    5taI8J8UTBuo2Mo0aZr3+A.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 55

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last nite's wind storm brought down a lot of branches. My river Maple never has a problem but this morning we had a limb 25 ft long and about 6.0 to 8.0 " in diameter dropped between the houses.

Luckily there was no structural damage. Just tore up the Oak Leaf Hydrangeas

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Furniture shopping. Two living room sectionals. A nice wood bedroom set. And a bunch of accents. End tables. A split king adjustable bed. Entertainment unit. Basically the works for the upstairs at the new house.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
not much happening here

I got dressed, that is a bonus.

It's pouring down rain. Not working outside. Paid a few bills.

Late this afternoon I'll pick up Dasha and help her work on some letters to some college fencing coaches. Then we will both go to the fencing club. Beginner lessons & equipment repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.