• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh Brian!
That is gorgeous!
:thumbup:

I was up messing with the laptop fairly late last night.

I did a complete system recovery, not a restore.

Once I checked for Windows 10 update after the recovery,that took 2 hrs, it didn't take!

So I tried just searching the updates for everything on it, that started with 8 updates, after hours it said they failed. Wtf?

I mean it works to get online, but I have to figure how to update it.

Also, I tried to get Firefox as my browser. Nope.

So I have Windows Edge.

You just cited about 5 reasons why my everyday computer is a Mac. I do own a Win10 laptop and like it, but windows can be such a pain in the ass versus OS/X.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We put an offer on the house. It's HUGE inside. Ensuite bathroom with a jet tub and separate 2 person shower[emoji6]. HUGE master bedroom with gas fireplace and cathedral ceiling. 2 big living rooms upstairs with a big rec room downstairs. 4 bedrooms and 2 laundry rooms. Big garage. We'll see if it's accepted.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We put an offer on the house. It's HUGE inside. Ensuite bathroom with a jet tub and separate 2 person shower[emoji6]. HUGE master bedroom with gas fireplace and cathedral ceiling. 2 big living rooms upstairs with a big rec room downstairs. 4 bedrooms and 2 laundry rooms. Big garage. We'll see if it's accepted.

Canadian eh!!!

Looks like a great place! Hope they take your offer!

Jim

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You just cited about 5 reasons why my everyday computer is a Mac. I do own a Win10 laptop and like it, but windows can be such a pain in the ass versus OS/X.

For now it's sitting in the corner on a table.
I'll research more options to see what I'm not doing right.
I glared at it this morning. Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly. I'm growing very tired of "city living" and the schools having bomb threats just a block away. And the vehicles egged. And the low lives stealing crap from the vehicles if they are unlocked. Oh and the noise and sirens all the time. It's a 15 minute drive out of the city. But soo quiet there. We got there about a half hour before the realtor and just walked around the property and fell in love. We both grew up in similar small towns. This house is in a small village of about 500 people.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning all.

Waiting for the lovely Mrs_Bob and Dasha to wake up. I woke up early, made the coffee and am checking the weather reports for our drive to visit Notre Dame.

Mitty came down with me but Walter is still sleeping on the pillows upstairs.

Its nice to have a full, but quiet house.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Tuesday everyone. After a quick back and forth with offer/counter offer, we have a handshake deal to buy the house.

This morning we're in court for the adoption. Just formalities regarding access and such before it's officially done.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Tuesday everyone. After a quick back and forth with offer/counter offer, we have a handshake deal to buy the house.

This morning we're in court for the adoption. Just formalities regarding access and such before it's officially done.

Canadian eh!!!

:thumb:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Canadian eh!!!
:thumbup:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Canadian eh!!!
:wow: Big day. Congrats again!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. The adoption thing is a long process. We have to do a 6 month probation period before its finalized in the courts. Now an aunt is trying to put a wrench in the plans. Everyone has to be in agreement for the courts to move things along.

Canadian eh!!!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
For now it's sitting in the corner on a table.
I'll research more options to see what I'm not doing right.
I glared at it this morning. Lol

Just a thought. Check your windows sleep and shut down/off to make sure it does not shut off when doing the large windows updates. I had a similar problem and made sure my computer was set to stay on all the time for the update and it then took the windows update download.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a thought. Check your windows sleep and shut down/off to make sure it does not shut off when doing the large windows updates. I had a similar problem and made sure my computer was set to stay on all the time for the update and it then took the windows update download.
Thanks Bill!
For crying out loud, I never even thought of that.
:thumb:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
--bloodwork, ekg, dining, bar, bumping into my 'ol pal, bar, & laundry, then bar, & liquor store 4 vino-- me & my meower getting her to catch her newest toy; & soon, a nap--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Friday services at 1 this afternoon, then stations of the cross at 7 this eve.
I bought the girls a ton of goodies for their Easter baskets, so will drop those off and visit for a while.
Jeff's in the burgh, Ty's going to his Dad's for Easter dinner, I'll be going with Aimee to Sophie's "praise the Lord" Hispanic church, then dinner after.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good Friday service at 11 then taking the kids out to see the house for the first time. They've only seen pictures.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure.

We may run up to Chicago to take a look at an apartment. Melen's law school roommate needs an apartment for this summer for an internship and the lovely Mrs_Bob is trying to find a safe apartment within Melen's roommate's budget.

We have Dasha living with us this week, continuing through Monday evening. Classes resume on Tuesday morning. So she is here for Easter break.

Might go to the YMCA to workout. Did that yesterday with Dasha. Also coached some advanced beginners with her yesterday evening. Yesterday morning and mid-day I served on the Grand Jury, but they ended the season in a bit early.

Attachments

• iUcLxSwMS762ZqJDLMpD+w.jpg
    iUcLxSwMS762ZqJDLMpD+w.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 2zl13GByQsiwV4azIkBRKg.jpg
    2zl13GByQsiwV4azIkBRKg.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 42
  • ddxVXN9ASfOJjPk3XxwGpw.jpg
    ddxVXN9ASfOJjPk3XxwGpw.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 45

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Experimenting with a few different paints and clear coats I have on hand to see what I like best to shoot the fender flares on my truck. Spending more time cleaning the Binks then anything else. :yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
looking @ 'lil stuff i usually look beyond-- (& i broke yet another, 'nother, keyboard)
bumping into my 'ol best pal rocks, 'cept she looks so thin that i got kinda sad--& i'm currently so underweight myself, 'cept i indulge & have a feeding tube & simply cannot gain-- she can; so saddening to see her so ill--
.....made me appreciate my steak/demi-glace/potato/bok-choy/beverage so differently--
she sent me a few texts, & she's sad & she's lonely-- sigh-- i'll dial her as many dials as she can take--

anyhow, spoke w/ my Mom & bestest & went shopping 4 food, booze; to see these items swept kinda-under-my-area-rugs-not-really; squeaky clean, seeing as to how we put them into a few washers w/ all-pods & bounce, & having my living room pillows & comforter vouch--
gorgeous~~

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is going to be not so busy.
Tomorrow is Easter dinner with the Puerto Ricans at casa Santana, after I attend the service in Spanish at their church.
That should be interesting.
:smile:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my fencers just qualified for the US National Championships which will be held in early July. That gives me about a half dozen kids who will be there competing.

Earlier I helped the lovely Mrs_Bob make some food for tomorrow's dinner. I also cut back the winter ornamental grasses to allow for spring flowers and new growth.

Leaving in a couple hours to go see BLUE MAN GROUP in Chicago and then catch dinner afterwards in the city.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
On the go again. Easter weekend is always crazy for us. Went out this morning to grab dads enclosed trailer while the missus sourced empty boxes. Packed for a couple hours now at the church to set up for the service tonight. We're doing a few new songs. In a bit I'll be downstairs working at the annual fish fry where we have 200 tickets sold for 2 separate seatings. The mens group I'm part of hosts it every year. This evening I'll head home and if I haven't collapsed in pain, I'll pack a few more boxes.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Gutting the greenhouse today and Sunday. A 30 year old structure I built with my dad out of 4x4's and 36" X 66"storm windows I bought at a yard sale. Never meant to be a permanent structure it has become a chore to keep up. At 18' X 6' X 14' high, it is a nice solar heater on the south side of the house. In winter the Sub tropic plants are nice and the cats have a private place for a litter box. But this is it's last season.

The new bathroom addition needs about four feet off one end of it. Treated wood foundation has rotted so it all comes down. Besides it was never permitted.

Once the bathroom structure is built, I can add on a new one, more properly done including a building permit. I'm hoping to go 8 feet wide this time.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Blue Man Group are awesome.

It was. Again. Dasha thought it was 'silly' and I said that is sort of the whole point of their shows.

We went to the 5pm show and then went out for pizza afterwards. Just got home.

Attachments

• DqcQTc2hTB+4hnCFGizjIw.jpg
    DqcQTc2hTB+4hnCFGizjIw.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 27
  • pM4Ut681SpaFrovrxQp2ng.jpg
    pM4Ut681SpaFrovrxQp2ng.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.