• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford 6 cyl. 300 carb number ?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Could you guys that have this engine tell me your carb number please ?

I have a Motorcraft Industrial carb on mine and the rebuild kit is $200 !!!!! I want to put a more normal carb on it like a Carter but I can't use the year of my snowcat to look for the carb 'cause the industrial engine is different and more like an older motor but what year ???

I would prefer a manual choke so I don't have to also buy an air filter housing.

Thanks in advance :flowers:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm still hoping someone will take a minute to write down the number from their carb for me.

I know it's a Carter YF but I have terrible luck with things and choosing randomly from hundreds of carburetors seems like asking for trouble.

Maybe having to give the Napa guys every bit of info on a vehicle including the seat style to buy a headlight bulb ( a little exaggeration there...) has burned my brain but I keep thinking there must be something a little more scientific to buying a fuel metering device than throwing a dart at a parts book !

Thanks

This is the Motorcraft industrial carb. New price $1000. Core value $200.

Attachments

• PIXgoldcarbSDW.jpg
    PIXgoldcarbSDW.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,687

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks very much for the help, guys :clap:

The RemoteAccess one is off a 601/602/Spryte. A friend is looking for a carb for a 601. His engine is a 223 I6. Some Sprytes had the 200 ci engine. I suspect the bolt spacing is different since I've never seen carbs for the 223 or 200 grouped with the 240 and 300 ci engine carbs. I'll call them Monday and ask.

The RockAuto is a great price and I'll definately consider that one.

Thanks again to both of you :smile:

Edit: some research says the RemoteAccess carb fits a 223 from 1965. Carb # C2JZ-9510B

Dr. Zaugg

I found a fantastic carburetor everything place in New York.
I have tried to stump them with odd stuff but to no avail!
These guys have been in the carb business since 1900 in the same spot.
Treadwell Carburetor company.
Treadwell New York.
607-829-8321
They will ask a billion questions but they have the stuff.
Yes, they do rebuilds at a REASONABLE cost.
I very very highly recomend them.
Paul

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
You might want to take a look at this page, scroll down they have a carb for sale off a Ford 300. Pehaps they have a number:

http://www.remoteaccessservice.com/parts.htm

About the third time I looked at that page I found the carb off the 300. It looks just like the one I have. The carb for the 601/602/Spryte is $500.

I've sent the carb to Treadwell. They say most rebuilds are $145 but might be $165. We'll see what happens !!

Thanks for the help !!!

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I got the carb back from Treadwell. $185 (when you add in shipping) to have someone else rebuild it and clean it :clap:

Just in time for a snowstorm :17875:

This is in 26" of powdery snow: our accumulation for the year, so far.

Attachments

• SkiD22011powderW.jpg
    SkiD22011powderW.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,545

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you got it rolling in time for the storm. I know someone else up there that has a carb that needs a rebuild!:whistling:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I got the carb back from Treadwell. $185 (when you add in shipping) to have someone else rebuild it and clean it :clap:

Just in time for a snowstorm :17875:

This is in 26" of powdery snow: our accumulation for the year, so far.

so how did they do on the rebuild? notice a big difference from when it was running before? put some seafoam in the tank at the end of the year and run it a while.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
When I sent it to them, pieces of the rubber seal thing on the accelerator pump were missing. It leaked like a sieve.

It ran great right away... no adjustments needed :clap: Seems about the same as before I started having problems.

We only got 8-10" of snow. I wanted more :biggrin:

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still hoping someone will take a minute to write down the number from their carb for me.

I know it's a Carter YF but I have terrible luck with things and choosing randomly from hundreds of carburetors seems like asking for trouble.

Maybe having to give the Napa guys every bit of info on a vehicle including the seat style to buy a headlight bulb ( a little exaggeration there...) has burned my brain but I keep thinking there must be something a little more scientific to buying a fuel metering device than throwing a dart at a parts book !

Thanks

This is the Motorcraft industrial carb. New price $1000. Core value $200.

I just rebuilt mine 35 bucks