• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I set up my new printer.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I got my new Canon printer yesterday. I decided to set it up today. I took it out of a box set it up on a table, read the instructions, watched TV and took a nap.
Hey it's set up!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have two wireless printers one for each computer and they get mixed up at times so don't feel to bad.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have multiple wifi points. I had to print a return label and could not get it to print. I updated the driver, unplugged printer nad plugged back in to do a full reboot. Nothing worked. Till I realized I had tried a new wifi point and was still logged onto that. I disconnected and connected to my normal wifi and wala. Printing worked.

I was thinking I was jinxed for bragging about my printer in your other printer thread. LOL

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I got it going but it sure jams easily.
I had it in a computer armoire. Even though I had at on on the higher shelf instead of on lower, (where printers usually sit. It was hard to get to and look at). I took it out to the living room and set it up on a table where I could get to it easier. I got every thing going then took it back and set it where I want it. I was tired and didn't want to try it again. I just hope I can keep it going there, because I don't want to have to set it up out on a table where I can monkey with it all the time.
It really is disappointing Kind of flimsy. Made out of plastic, but what isn't these days?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
POC Printer does NOT work. I had my brother in law look at it and he can't get it to work either so I'm going to send it back to AMAZON.
Any suggestions on getting an all in one printer/scanner?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what to tell ya Cat. I have a Cannon MG6600 that has worked flawlessly. That's what I would recommend ...but I know you are returning a Cannon, so you probably don't want another. HP and Epson also make good printers but I have not owned either of those brands for 10 years or more. Look at reviews on Amazon, maybe that will help you.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what to tell ya Cat. I have a Cannon MG6600 that has worked flawlessly. That's what I would recommend ...but I know you are returning a Cannon, so you probably don't want another. HP and Epson also make good printers but I have not owned either of those brands for 10 years or more. Look at reviews on Amazon, maybe that will help you.

Same here. I have a couple of HP’s that are fine but I’ve had lots of trouble with both HP and Cannon in the past.