• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Now that you've had it for awhile . . .

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
What do you think about WINDOWS 10?
Now that I have it I don't see what all the fuss was about.
But I have it on the most "Classic" mode that I can get it on.
I also set it on the highest privacy settings.
I also don't use the "Cloud."
That "Cortana" search crap just does a BING search so at the worst it's worthless, (if that makes any sense).
I never liked the newer versions of Paint so I'm using an old version of that.
I think that "Apps" crap instead of "Programs" is goofy.
A friend of mine says they got that term from Apple.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I like it well enough as we have a WIN10 Laptop. I prefer OS/X as I use the Mac mostly. Getting ready to update the Mac to High Sierra 10.13. I continue to get free updates on the Operating System on a 7+ year old computer from Apple. That is why I like Macs better. :biggrin:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's ok. I do like the windows anti virus that comes with it. It does not blue screen as much as 8 did on the same laptop. Otherwise I do not use any of the windows apps except for the snipping tool (screen image copier).
I use duckduckgo.com as my search engine. Great results and they do not save your searches like google and bing.
I have found chrome to be more stable than firefox and IE ....so google might be getting my data from chrome, not sure. I can live with that I guess. My web browsing is rather boring.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had no problems with 10. Although for the past few months I've been using my cell phone almost exclusively. I have my Asus transformer tablet as well but it's running 8.1. I've given up trying to upgrade to 10 on that thing. It just won't do the full install. Gets about 90%done then crashes and resorts back to 8.1. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk