• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Amazon refurbished laptop

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Has anyone ever bought one from them?
I'm a Prime member and am thinking about buying a refurbished Lenovo B570 laptop.
That's the same model as I spilled water on.
I can't find anyone reliable to repair mine. And the one repair guy I talked to in the past wanted more than I wanted to pay.
I'm thinking of just selling my Lenovo & Acer to someone in my neighborhood who wants to fiddle with them.
I think all they need are new hardrives but that's beyond me.
I can buy a refurbished one same model as the other from a a seller rated as reliable for $240.
Any thoughts

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
My HPis a refurbished one from Amazon. Had it about a year and it's OK so far. The only thing I don't like is has W10 on it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I picked up my last two on ebay for good prices.

On another note. My wife had this expensive dell Studio laptop when we met. Shortly after she dumped a whole cup of tea on the keyboard. We thought it was finished as it wouldn't power up after drying for a week. So I bought her a new one. We kept the old one as it still had info on it we hoped to retrieve. A few months later I decided to try and fire it up. It started up fine but only half of the keys worked. So I found a replacement keyboard on ebay, installed it following youtube videos and it works fine. Still going strong after 2 years.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'd have no qualms about buying one. I have bought many refurb things over the years to save money and have had great luck with it. All my Milwaukee power tools are refurb and only had bad luck with one battery and it was replaced with no questions asked.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I went ahead and ordered it. Christmas present to myself. This one is starting to make growling noises like my Acer mad right before it "Crash dumped" and quit.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Do a backup before it crashes completely. My Dell is on the Fritz right now and I didn't have it backed up. Something with the power up is screwed. Press the power button to turn on and most of the time the fan spins for a second then it starts beeping and does nothing. Once I finally get it going it runs fine.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have purchased one used Dell e6410's with I7's and Windows7 for the last 4 years off eBay (last one was $148 with 4gb ram and 500gb HDD). They are indestructible business machines. One is my desktop, one is my travel machine and I have 2 out with subcontractors. Refurbs work if gotten at a decent price!!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I already messed up big time I forgot my password and If I wrote it down I don't know where.
I don't care if I lose files I just want in any help?

And it's a weak pass word if you know the names of my cat and days/years that are important to me.