• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Interesting Tax Statistics

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Please look this over, check out the reference source....and make your presidential decision wisely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, I think you will find these statistics amazing.

www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.html

Taxes under Clinton 1999 ..................Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 .............Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000 ...........Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250 ...........Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800 ..........Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000 ..........Married making 75K - tax 18,750

Married making 125K - tax 38,750 ..........Married making 125K - tax 31,250

If you want to know just how effective the mainstream media is, it is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If any democrat is elected, ALL of them say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Well sure. The government keeps on spending and tells us that tax cuts will pay for it.

Looks to me like the next generation is being asked to pay down the debt Bush is creating today, same as Reagan did.

zFacts-Gross-National-Deficit.gif

National-Debt-GDP-L.gif

dsgsr

I think, of the candidates that are running in this presidential race, McCain is the best choice. Having that said, In the big picture, the Democrats of this country (not necessarily the Democratic party) have the best interest of the people/working/middle class at heart. The republicans have Big business and the rich at heart. I don't care how many Polls/Schematics you put in front of me, thats the way this Country is. The Dems will always be for the working people and the Repubs will always be for the rich & business. In the end it's only going to be about People and how WE work together to survive.

David

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I remember the years of Carter. Working in the Construction Trade for Carrier Corporation I watched people lose their jobs right and left. I myself lost my house because of an ARM loan that went up over 17%. Reagan brought a lot of them jobs back, yes it cost the country but the jobs came back. Unfortunately the benefits of lowering taxes and getting business and people to start spending again did not come until the Clinton years. Clinton in my book got a lot of credit for nothing he did. And at the tail end of his term we were already starting to see a slow down in the Construction trade because of his tax increases. The United States is a large business and anything any President does we will not see changes for years.

Vote Democrat and watch more and more people and business tighten their belts even more. I can understand why business's leave the US and go elsewhere.

But I will also say that I don't think Bush has done the economy very well with or without the tax cuts.

murph

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think, of the candidates that are running in this presidential race, McCain is the best choice. Having that said, In the big picture, the Democrats of this country (not necessarily the Democratic party) have the best interest of the people/working/middle class at heart. The republicans have Big business and the rich at heart. I don't care how many Polls/Schematics you put in front of me, thats the way this Country is. The Dems will always be for the working people and the Repubs will always be for the rich & business. In the end it's only going to be about People and how WE work together to survive.

David

Lets not forget we have a 3rd party we can vote for. I dont know much about Nader, but he did say he would NOT take money from business, but would ask regular citizens for donations. Now to me that alone say alot, he wont owe favors to the businesses that helped put him in office. He will be responsible to the citizens, something NO ONE in the too many years has been. He may suck as a pres, but in the lite of always choose the lesser evil, he has my consideration. Also, the US is on a colision course to make history.......a black man, a women or a republican after the one there has screwed up so much. How about one more way......