• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Best DEEP powder snowcat

Which is the best deep powder cat?

• Total voters

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Which snowcat is the best DEEP POWDER cat you have ever driven? Do you have any ideas on how to modify your current snowcat for deep powder?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
What happened to Bombardier? They have made some great snow cats over the years. :thumb:

Vance

Okay,

I voted Tucker because that is the ONLY cat I've driven... I did ride in a wide track DMC tho that did very well but we did manage to stop its progress in very deep powder.

I'm going to work on mine to improve the deep powder performance. I know from my snowmobile riding that the best powder performance it a combination of light weight, large agressive track, and horsepower!! My track area is good but difficult to change. For horsepower, I'm doing pretty good with the SB Chevy under the hood. I do need to work on shedding a few pounds tho. During the resoration this summer I'm going to get rid of any excess beef. I might even build a new aluminum flatbed.

Vance

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I have seen one example of a tucker 552(?) that had aluminium bed and rails. Looked very cool! An aluminum block v8 would help a bunch too. Dont forget the aluminum heads and intake why you are at it. That would shed about 250 lbs I guess maybe more. The bed maybe 100. I know on my snow master since it is so light I will be running single ply belting. My grousers will stay the same unless I can find some cheap aluminum grousers that would work. I would have to run a steel piece where the srocket meets the grousers though.

ski-dewar

The more track, the better the performance in powder. It helps if you have enough power or torque to turn the larger footprint however.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Mike, you may as well of asked what is the best brand of beer? As you can see we are a very diverse group of snowcat enthusiasts. I am still not sure after operating many different brands of snowcats and currently owning 5 different ones which is better as a powder snowcat. I do know that budlight is the best beer though.....:yum:

aksnocat

Bud LIght is the best beer?

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Please, please, tell me you're joking!

:puke1:

:puke1:

Okay, maybe it makes an almost acceptable beer batter, or it could be the beer you pour over the chicken when it flares up on the barbie.

But DRINK IT?!! I don't think so.

Briarpatch

I have a Tucker 1644 and use it up around Laramie Wyoming where we get a lot of deep powder snow, wind and snow drifts and the cat do:letitsnow: es very well. We use it to go in and out to the cabin that is located at 9,000 feet. The trip in and out is around 20 miles.

Briarpatch

Snow Operations, Here are a few recent photos taken the first part of February!

Attachments

• 100_0796.jpg
    100_0796.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 444
  • 100_0794.jpg
    100_0794.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 443
  • 100_0799.jpg
    100_0799.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 427