• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1744 interior

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
pretty much all tuckers of the same time period will have the same seats, they were a universal seat, found in many different rigs, they were not all that comfortable and or durable, unless you are doing a high end restoration, I would find a heated comfortable seat that feels good to sit in, black would be a good choice.

Ajay1118

Thanxs !!! There's some cloth seats in there now I have a a full set of second generation black leather front and rear seats out of a 2002 dodge and are heated !! I m going to put those in her til I send her to Oregon on a full ground up restoration !! I talked to them today about it today !!!

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Ajay,

Your 1744 is different than the standard as your cab is significantly wider than normal production models. Honestly, I don't know of another like it, so photos of what your Tucker looked like when new will be difficult to find. Realize Tucker made improvements to their machines during the years they were in production, typically the later ones are nicer.

A "regular" 1744 interior would be indistinguishable from any other XX44 (1344, 1544 or 1644) from the same model year as far as I know.

There was another forum member who had an exceptionally nice 1744, though it was newer. His was a 1983 and some of the interior improvements that I can think of Tucker made between 1978 and 1983 include:

- Plastic woodgrain instrument panel (as opposed to black wrinkle-finish aluminum).

- Smaller diameter and thicker cross-section steering wheel (instead of the thin school bus sized monster).

- Orbitrol and associated hydraulic lines moved inside the cab with a shorter steering column (earlier models had a long column that went through the floor).

- Door hinges and door latches improved.

- Grab handle on inside of door frame (easier to use to shut the doors).

Here's a link to a thread he started with some photos:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=75312&highlight=1744

Below is a link to some photos of a 1978 1643. Granted it's a three door instead of a four door, but you'll see the different instrument panel, different style gauges, a speedometer, the huge steering wheel, the different steering column, no extra grab handle on the doors, the "upholstery" on the floors, doors, sidewalls and roof were all rubber-backed indoor outdoor carpeting. Note: the front seats look to have been reupholstered. The original style had formed vinyl horizontal pleats, instead of the cloth inserts.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=80429&highlight=1643

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a photo of the original vinyl seats Tucker used. This is a 1980 vintage machine.

HPIM0261.jpg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
73 1443 original

Down bottom on seat frame there is a lever broken off missing that’s for forward back adjust.

Attachments

• 49C46BA1-6EE6-4B5D-B1FA-4C55FF11784E.jpg
    49C46BA1-6EE6-4B5D-B1FA-4C55FF11784E.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 208
  • F0C5557D-F84B-45A4-8986-4000BEB6F041.jpg
    F0C5557D-F84B-45A4-8986-4000BEB6F041.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 210

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
I found very similar style and size seats for my 1981 542 at a Jeep aftermarket accessories store. I did have to relocate one of the mounting holes to reuse the original adjustable seat rails.

2df683a3d7e350a1986ec09f4812b5a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk