• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LMC 1500

hansoni

Looking to possibly purchase a LMC 1500. What are the pros and cons? I really like the size and weight for transport and the 5 man cab. I see both winter and summer tracks (28" and 36"?) wondering if the 28" tracks will work for us here in Maine where the snow is rarely super deep and where we will be using it theres no major hill climbing. Any advice?

hansoni

Looking at a machine that has the J style grousers not the summer tracks but in 28" wide 7' overall width.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you might consider posting this ad/request in the for sale section... better chances there

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
You might try and reach out to forum member Reddog. I haven't seen him on the forum lately, but I'm almost positive he owned an LMC 1500 for awhile and he can give you first-hand information.

Hautesnow

I had a 1985 LMC 1500 with the wide 36" tracks for several years and wish I still had it. Excellent light weight, deep powder machine, especially if you do not have the heavy factory ROPS structure on it. Mine seated 5 and had the AMC 258 engine. w/Chrysler A727 trans. Weakest link was the drive sprockets that were not solid (had cut outs to save a few pounds and broke). A few of these machines had weak grouser bars, so look for cracks and repair welds. Have factory manual. Contact me if you need more opinions or photos.
LMC1500-1.jpg