• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Some Bad Days

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Two months ago Tailor, our Russian Blue, was diagnosed with incipient kidney failure; his vet gave him maybe eight
months, but certainly less than a year. He was put on a special diet and sent home, but he was failing quickly. Yesterday he
was having problems drinking so he went back to the vet; the scale showed a loss of two and a half pounds. He was given
an IV to help with hydration and we brought him home again.

Early this morning he began to vomit fluid containing quite a bit of dark blood; back to the vet. We were pretty sure it was
going to be his last visit and sadly that was true. We could have done more IV hydration but it would have been for us,
not for him. He was lethargic and in pain and letting that go on so we could have more time with him was simply not
right and highly selfish. We said our goodbyes and he was eased away with injections.

All of us are broken up, but he was just three weeks away from his eighteenth birthday and that's a good long lifetime
for a small cat. He brought a lot of love into the house and is going to be missed, but it was time to let him go. We'll have
another in the future, but right now is too soon.

The house feels empty somehow.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
DS, I don't know if they get to be like a lifelong friend or very close relative, but either way they get right into your heart. I feel for ya, friend!! We lost our 17 yr old dog last Nov. It takes awhile to get over the grief.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss DS. I know how tough losing a family member like that. My household is going through much the same thing. No fun at all.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss DS, I know how hard that is as I have put down a couple of beloved friends myself.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry to hear this news.

The loss of any pet is so much more than losing a pet, its losing a family member, a friend, a protector and a companion.

We lost Snowball a couple months ago due ot pancreatic cancer and are now seeing our Misha fade away slowly.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry I missed this last week. My sympathies to your loss.

You may remember I went thru this with mine last year. Your post brought back memories and I guess I just didn't want to read about it. 24 year relationship with a cat I didn't want. Amazing our emotions over a pet.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
So Sorry, My favorite cat is 18 as well and he's fading fast. Seems like yesterday he was 20 pounds and too heavy to sit in your lap. I have been bringing him home tuna so he'll have some nice last meals. I'm sure the end is coming soon.....damn it

Leni

I've been through it several times. It hurts a lot. Amigo was the first pet that DH really loved. He does not want another one.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
My sympathies for your loss. I have lost other cats since then but I remember when my Spooky went then my Topcat. Topcat was my 1st cat and my buddy he stayed with me through a lot of bad crap.