• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Zero Carb Pizza

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can this be real? If anyone tries this before I do please post results. Sounds interesting.

Attachments

• NoCarbPizzaCrust.jpg
    NoCarbPizzaCrust.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 109

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting.

It's not zero carb pizza but zero carb pizza crust .... because there is NO pizza crust. I wouldn't mind trying it though.

I don't eat pizza very often but every 6 months or so I develop a craving for one for some strange reason. I usually get the thin crust as I can't handle all that dough. It knocks the hell out of my blood sugar.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The sauce would have carbs but it would be "lower carb" than a usual pizza.

I'll give it a try though.

;)

Leni

Why do you need eggs at all? The cheese would melt and form a crust. Just make it on parchment paper and you're good to go.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
pesto makes fer an excellent sauce. i use allesi, usually- has 1%/daily value per serving. clarified butter- that, too, is sans carbs, & is excellent w/ garlic & a few fresh herbs.

i would think that those eggs would puff that crust a 'lil.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think so too. Cheese alone would be like a crisp cracker if melted and baked.

But it would be awesome - I love crispy melted cheese. :w00t2:

I think the eggs would help hold it together. Some mozzarella's would take a while to get crispy.

I've tried a lot of these recipes - they tend to be OK but never as good as the real thing. :neutral:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i cannot reiterate enough-- self-moderation/ingest foods u prefer, not diet stuff. when you're full, quit eating. not so very very complex. put that other half away, fer later, when your belly is rumbling & you're fer-real hungry & not plain bored or emotional.
then there is something to look forward to.

Leni

I made this last night according to the recipe but I only had three cups of cheese. It did not puff up at all. I'll try it again without the eggs or at least a lot fewer. The jury is still out on it. Husband was iffy about it. So was I.

I'm going to have a leftover piece today for lunch. I'll reevaluate it then.

Leni

Not a good recipe. The 'crust' was more like an omelette. I'll go with a thin crust. Now if you do want an omelette all you have to do is fold it over.