• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dinned with some snow cat friends...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last evening I had the pleasure of having the evening meal with two other members here. Redsqurel and Snowshadow were out hunting a cats.:wink: Stopped by on their way back home.

Took them to our local, and fabulous BBQ joint, and had a great time talking with both of them. Real gentlemen I might add....

They had quite a drive to get home, hope they did so safely. Till the next time.....:smile:

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is fun to hook up with FF friends. Glad you had a chance to have dinner with them. Soon everybody will be too busy as summer gets closer.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Last evening I had the pleasure of having the evening meal with two other members here. Redsqurel and Snowshadow were out hunting a cats.:wink: Stopped by on their way back home.

Took them to our local, and fabulous BBQ joint, and had a great time talking with both of them. Real gentlemen I might add....

They had quite a drive to get home, hope they did so safely. Till the next time.....:smile:

Regards, Kirk

So what does a red squirrel eat this time of year when the acorns are not ready :yum:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cute, speaking of sqwrl food, Last night it was smoked chicken worth getting stabbed by a fork. wjat was on my plate was a Brisket. with a side a very very good pork and beans and some slaw to keep it all moving.

BTW:
When I am roaming around, I try to inquire about regionally orientated, non-franchise food. This smoke rib/smoke house is in the top knotch, what does northern MN have to offer this time of year. :cool:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cute, speaking of sqwrl food, Last night it was smoked chicken worth getting stabbed by a fork. wjat was on my plate was a Brisket. with a side a very very good pork and beans and some slaw to keep it all moving.

BTW:
When I am roaming around, I try to inquire about regionally orientated, non-franchise food. This smoke rib/smoke house is in the top knotch, what does northern MN have to offer this time of year. :cool:

Roast beaver tail, is the local specialty this time of year, or there may be some
Coon jerky floating around. But I prefer the fresh walleye with wild rice soup.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Outstanding food, great company=good times.

I'd put that place against any of Kansas City's finest.

I'll second that!! As for the food aside from the great company, they have once per week specials, and all of them are dynomite. Smoked Prime rib and beef ribs are my favorites, with the pork ribs close behind...They are doing a great job.

Snow cat hunting is such a bitch... But some one just has to do it!

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is quite interesting how "on the way" central Iowa has become on my hunting trips. those to go pork and beans where on the table last night. *There has to be coffee in those*...... I do need to work on my time management skills, we left no man-cave time. it was a very tired ride home. Thanks again for making time.

Outside of artisan cheese products of every sort, I am not sure what the East central WI's regionally orientated meal would be. Our smoke houses are full of salmon and trout and white fish. Steak houses are ok but nothing compares to what comes off my grill. (or snow shadows for that matter) I guess like our cousins to the west Walleye takes center stage....

Beaver tail not so much. I have a trapper buddy I will have to inquire. I found one of those maid rite places last time I was up in the White elephant forest. is a maid rite sandwich a MN based product. Never saw a maid rite in IA or WI for that matter.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I had reindeer steaks last night in teller with an Iditarod musher that was some of the best meat I had ever had

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had reindeer steaks last night in teller with an Iditarod musher that was some of the best meat I had ever had

Next tiime your in town I will be doing my best to change your mind about that!!!....:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
if you ever get a chance to make it up this way I make certain I get you some even if I have to poach one

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
if you ever get a chance to make it up this way I make certain I get you some even if I have to poach one

I've had grilled reindeer and fried reindeer but never poached reindeer. Do you poach the whole thing at once or cut it up first?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
you poach the thing than put it in your garage to cut it up and it's yummy. I picked up a 5 lb chunk last night up at teller I think I will try cooking it in a crock pot