• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Battery Question, Forklift

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Gents,

We have a remote warehouse where in someone left the power on during three weeks of storage on our Crown forklift.

Battery is stone dead.

Automatic Charger faults when we hook it up because there is no resistance.

I guess I need to get some charge in the battery but,,,,it is 36 volt. I presume a 12 volt trickle charger will accompliish nothing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Gents,

We have a remote warehouse where in someone left the power on during three weeks of storage on our Crown forklift.

Battery is stone dead.

Automatic Charger faults when we hook it up because there is no resistance.

I guess I need to get some charge in the battery but,,,,it is 36 volt. I presume a 12 volt trickle charger will accompliish nothing.

Any ideas?
You can try hooking a strong 12 volt jumper battery to it while trying to charge it, most times that will give it enough charge for the charger to take hold. if that makes sense. :wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Another thought is if you know anyone that has a 36 volt golf cart that you can borrow their charger for a little while and bypass the auto charger untill fully charged. If you were closer I'd loan you mine. :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have a vehicle with a good alternator it will put enough charge in it after a short period with jumpers. I have jumped trucks and other 24 volt equipment that was stone dead and it does work.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You can try hooking a strong 12 volt jumper battery to it while trying to charge it, most times that will give it enough charge for the charger to take hold. if that makes sense. :wink:

I actually have a huge 12 volt battery.

And it does make sense,,,sorta

thanks

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dumb question but is your 36v supplied by (3) 12v batteries? If so, can't you isolate each battery and charge separately?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Dumb question but is your 36v supplied by (3) 12v batteries? If so, can't you isolate each battery and charge separately?

Nope.

One very deep charge $4,000 battery. It is never a good idea to let a deep charge go empty. This is why.