• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokols for sale... a nice 3-pack cleanup waiting...

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea, it's a unique bird certainly and is a one-of-a-kind.
The orange one at the top has had a ton of work done... new belts, all new suspension bearings (hard to find US-made and NOS), all clutch packs replaced, new suspension springs, etc., etc...
The red one probably needs most TLC but yet has a good service history.

dlmorindds

SUPER Site Supporter
Yea, it's a unique bird certainly and is a one-of-a-kind.
The orange one at the top has had a ton of work done... new belts, all new suspension bearings (hard to find US-made and NOS), all clutch packs replaced, new suspension springs, etc., etc...
The red one probably needs most TLC but yet has a good service history.

So all this work done on the orange one...but have the sprockets ever been reconditioned...differential been serviced lately...have the covers ever been pulled and the ring and pinion inspected...ujoints...just some thoughts:shifty:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
So all this work done on the orange one...but have the sprockets ever been reconditioned...differential been serviced lately...have the covers ever been pulled and the ring and pinion inspected...ujoints...just some thoughts:shifty:

Hmph.
OK... since you asked like that... the sprockets WERE re-vulcanized and the R&P were not only inspected but replaced as they hadn't been previously and gave out... I don't know about the UJ's. But, replacing all those bearings and belting is a greater work load and $$$ than the sprockets or the R&P!

I don't know of one Trackmaster/4T10 that has been reconditioned to this degree.......now that you ask...the 4T on eBay a few years ago was hardly touched mechanically..and it sold for $25K...but of course it had the 'go-fast seats' and the 'go-fast paint'. :hammer:

For those of you who have been overtaken by the glory of the 6-series... the 4T is basically 'notched' in terms of angled turns, almost like an angled cruise control... you go on a journey with a 6-series and your arms know about it beacuse of the hydrauluic work out (up-side of the 6 is of course the massive differential that can take more power than the 4T...but... just depends).

I'm not buying simply because I'm full...otherwise, I'd buy in order: Orange, Hydro, Red-head.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
If anyone is interested in seeing more pics of the blue 4T10 on ksl (http://ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=13810965&cat=152&s_cid=E0003)

I'm passing on the unit. Next buyer in line is already on his way with cash so no need for folks to blast the seller trying to get it. Body panels are nice but at same time rough unit in ways...the roof has had some clear damage to it, interior is very rough, and tracks are rough...great project cat but not worth significant shipping.

Unknown if unit turns or not. Ether & spark get it going. Will certainly become a great unit once again. Pictures are old...some vandalism since these.

Attachments

• Th_4T10_UT_1.jpg
    Th_4T10_UT_1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 390
  • Th_4T10_UT_2.jpg
    Th_4T10_UT_2.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 402
  • Th_4T10_UT_3.jpg
    Th_4T10_UT_3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Th_4T10_UT_4.jpg
    Th_4T10_UT_4.jpg